1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving xF to New Managed Server....

Discussion in 'Server Configuration and Hosting' started by CivilWarTalk, Sep 24, 2012.

1. CivilWarTalk

CivilWarTalk Active Member

Unfortunately, I tried a Linode server for a month, and the heartburn it created is just too much at the moment. I don't have the skills, and I am not ready to move to an unmanaged host. Maybe once I'm more comfortable, I'll try again...

So, instead, I've chosen to move from ServInt Essential VPS to a KnownHost VS2 VPS.

Looking at my hard disks on my current server, I have a lot of chaff from previous systems I've run, Discus, vBulletin, Subdreamer, a bunch of old obsolete domains with Wordpress installs....

Instead of having KnownHost migrate the entire server (and associated mess) for me, I want to install a clean xF package on the new server, install my current add-ons, migrate my skin, and finally, restore my xF database.

What I'm wondering is, are there any files I need to transfer besides my database? My install is fairly stock, except for a few template edits.
  2. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member

Attachments are stored in the folder internal_data so you have to transfer the whole folder too.
    CivilWarTalk likes this.