Resource icon

Moving Visitor Tabs to the Moderator Bar

Modify Cezz's code as it still has the info for height; mine was just to show people how it could be done.
I added his height code, it didn't work, so I raised the number from 2 to 4, no difference.

Code:
($(window).scrollTop() > {xen:calc '@headerLogoHeight + (@headerTabHeight * 4)'}) ?

modbar.webp

There is missing CSS in this, upon hover of the visitor links the hover disappears until you move the mouse off the link with the box open, when the hover effect reappears.

Someone please make this modification bundle for Template Modification System (TMS) :D
Guiltar, where are you ? :giggle:

Really nice snippet you have here, will work with it on my localhost today, and see if I can't get a nice style working with it and released for free :ROFLMAO:

Someone please make this modification bundle for Template Modification System (TMS) :D
Guiltar, where are you ? :giggle:
I have done just that... building an XF Open Framework (XFOF) which includes a simple check box in style options to move the visitor tabs to the moderator bar, and has the correct and complete CSS for default styling... which this release here misses certain parts of.

I have done just that... building an XF Open Framework (XFOF) which includes a simple check box in style options to move the visitor tabs to the moderator bar, and has the correct and complete CSS for default styling... which this release here misses certain parts of.

Great, looking forward to it Anthony (y)

I´ve done some changes to fit to the rest. Not sure if everything is correct.... Use it and edit the code if anything is wrong.

I still have the "itemCounts" shown if i load my Page for the first Time. After hovering about them the itemCounts are gone. How can i get rid of them from the first Time?

Thats the css Code to fit the Colors etc.
Code:
#moderatorBar .adminLink { float:left; }
#moderatorBar .visitorTabs { float: right; }
#moderatorBar .visitorTabs li { float:left; }
#moderatorBar .visitorTabs .navLink { line-height: 16px; }
#moderatorBar .visitorTabs .navLink:hover { background: @primaryDark !important; border-radius: 3px !important; border: none !important; }
#moderatorBar .visitorTabs .navLink .Popup .PopupControl.PopupOpen, .Popup.PopupContainerControl.PopupOpen { background: @primaryDark !important; }
#moderatorBar .visitorTabs .navLink:hover .Popup .PopupControl.PopupOpen, .Popup.PopupContainerControl.PopupOpen { text-shadow: none !important; }
#moderatorBar .visitorTabs .navLink .Popup .PopupControl:hover, .Popup.PopupContainerControl:hover { background: none !important; }
#moderatorBar .visitorTabs .navLink .itemCount { line-height: 16px; }
#moderatorBar .visitorTabs .navLink .itemCount:hover { }

One thing I absolutely detest is people taking credit for the work of others without even acknowledging it.

My understanding is that you have not even asked if you may do this.

Common courtesy dictates that you do so before including it in your "Open" framework, more so as it appears you are hell bent on discrediting us and posting rubbish about our framework at every turn.

(changing colours is not even something we offer as part of our skins, why would you make a big issue of it, rubbish the theme and give a brilliant theme a 3 out of 5 when you are not even ALLOWED to make such color changes under our EULA)

Rude rude rude.

One thing I absolutely detest is people taking credit for the work of others without even acknowledging it.

My understanding is that you have not even asked if you may do this.

Common courtesy dictates that you do so before including it in your "Open" framework, more so as it appears you are hell bent on discrediting us and posting rubbish about our framework at every turn.

(changing colours is not even something we offer as part of our skins, why would you make a big issue of it, rubbish the theme and give a brilliant theme a 3 out of 5 when you are not even ALLOWED to make such color changes under our EULA)

Rude rude rude.
I don't care about the other crap he has done, it annoys me that I wasn't asked whether or not this guide could be re-used without permission (Every piece of code that someone else has written that I have re-used in some way has come after permission was given by the original author).

As far as missing CSS, this is a guide for adding the visitor tabs to the moderator bar, and each style will have to be styled differently. The majority of styles can do so without every piece of CSS so I included the minimum to limit the amount of confusion.

One thing I absolutely detest is people taking credit for the work of others without even acknowledging it. My understanding is that you have not even asked if you may do this.

What are you on about Kim? I have purchased a couple of your styles, none of which I use, and the recolouring issue was recognised by your own staff as a difficulty due to using CSS3. What did I miss? Are you just wanting to be argumentative or something?

This is posted without restriction, and I did clearly post on the open framework that the work was not mine, and that it was bits and pieces of what others have freely released here already.

Again, I don't see any copyright or such claims being made to the template modifications used in that framework making life easier for people, NOR do I see any such claim from myself that it is MY work. In fact I clearly state, it is a combination of other authors work, I have merely completed some aspects of others work that either didn't work correctly with 1.2 or enhanced it a little and still released it freely, just as the original author has done so.

If you just want to be a b*tch, please do it to someone else... as I obviously won't be buying any more of your skins now, you can stick xenique up your backside to be perfectly honest.

And that is why the theme got a 3 out of 5, because a person has to have it EXACTLY how it is, and not allowed to make their own minor changes according to your EULA. You just hung yourself Kim... you don't need my help.

What are you on about Kim? I have purchased a couple of your styles, none of which I use, and the recolouring issue was recognised by your own staff as a difficulty due to using CSS3. What did I miss? Are you just wanting to be argumentative or something?

This is posted without restriction, and I did clearly post on the open framework that the work was not mine, and that it was bits and pieces of what others have freely released here already.

Again, I don't see any copyright or such claims being made to the template modifications used in that framework making life easier for people, NOR do I see any such claim from myself that it is MY work. In fact I clearly state, it is a combination of other authors work, I have merely completed some aspects of others work that either didn't work correctly with 1.2 or enhanced it a little and still released it freely, just as the original author has done so.

If you just want to be a b*tch, please do it to someone else... as I obviously won't be buying any more of your skins now, you can stick xenique up your backside to be perfectly honest.

And that is why the theme got a 3 out of 5, because a person has to have it EXACTLY how it is, and not allowed to make their own minor changes according to your EULA. You just hung yourself Kim... you don't need my help.

There is no actual recoloring issue, there is a limitation due to the fact that I use richer gradients than any other style currently released on XenForo. To get the depth that each of those gradients uses requires at least 3-7 colors, and to use color palettes (Which I use properly, thank you very much) would require an addition of at least 15 more to get the proper mid-tone colors. And she isn't being argumentative, you've been nothing but an ass since you bought the style, and all actions by you point to you trying to discredit my work. If you were unhappy with the style, I would have gladly refunded you for the cost of the style, or as I have already done offered to do an alternative style (Which is open to any customer of the Imperial style). You never did so, and the first thing you did was to leave a 3 star feedback stating 'limitations of the framework' (Its limitations of CSS3 and image gradients, thanks), and other FUD. You then remark about my style on another designers resource, again spreading yet more FUD relating to my work. During all of this I ignored your crap and treated you professionally, as I do any customer, but being an downright douche to Kim goes past any boundaries I have set.

Also, you requested (Read that as badgered and insulted) designers to use CSS3 gradients, 'embrace the future' I think you put it. When I stated the limitations, which you've now hit, you argued with me regarding it and accused most of the designers here of being nothing more than WYSWYG designers, when in fact that is impossible to get the level of customization that the better styles get on XenForo. This is another reason why Kim accuses you of trying to discredit us, and which I have to agree with.

It isn't a matter of 'posted without restriction or not', you take someone elses work and re-post it without first asking the original author or even crediting people for individual snippets of code. You then post advertising it in my thread, which is just a double dose of discourteousy. I wouldn't have cared, I just find it pathetic to not be asked for my permission first.

From this moment, I honestly couldn't give a damn if you bought a style, or requested a refund. Design is simply a hobby and a time sync for me, and losing you as a customer will be a welcome joy. Quite honestly, I was tempted to refund your purchase when I saw it simply because I knew you'd be a pain in the ass. The only reason I did approve it is because I chose to be professiona, and treat you as I'd treat every other client, even after you started spreading your FUD. You'll remember I made the offer to do alternative colors if requested, and supplied with the base shade after your FUD spreading campaign.

As far as the EULA goes, this was the one used from her IPB days, and we had just decided to change it (I wasn't aware it was that restrictive). Other than removal of branding, I do not mind the editing of my styles, and fully support helping customers with changing things (Ask any one who has worked with me up to this point, as long as they do not try to screw me over as a few have done, I have been as professional as possible and as helpful as possible).

Don't bother posting in this thread, I'll just request Brogan or someone else remove it as I'm not interested in sinking down to your level.

You have not purchased one of MY styles Anthony, you have purchased one of David's.

No one said anything about Copyright, read what I said again Anthony, I said you didn't ASK which you DIDN'T.

Blah blah...

You have a nerve calling me a B*tch as frankly you are one of the biggest around here!!!

Changing the color is not ever a "minor" adjustment, FFS, it totally changes the whole look... and given that most people have very little talent when it comes to colour schemes, we do not want our name on some dogs vomit of a theme you might create with it... hence the necessity to purchase a copyright removal license, which is clearly stated in our EULA.

As it turns out, David has a very different view point on this to me, and will allow it, we are in discussion about this now, but as of your purchase, the above stood.

For the record... our EULA...

****************************************************************************************
xenique.com - XenForo INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS/LICENCE AGREEMENT

****************************************************************************************

Thank you for purchasing this Premium Theme (Style, Skin) from xenique.com

This Premium skin is distributed under a copyright.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You May NOT -

1. Alter the skin in any way other than to add your forum name and logo to the header, without first purchasing a Copyright Removal Licence (debranding fee).

2. Redistribute/sell/modify and sell/give away the skinpack or images in any way.

3. ****DO NOT REMOVE THE xenique COPYRIGHT - UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES***
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You May -

Use the Skin as the basis of your Webpages, Front End or Portal on the SAME site as the
Xenforo forum you are using the skin on, providing a copyright notice for the images and designs is included.

INSTALLATION

To install your Theme into your board;

Firstly unzip the Style Pack zip into a new directory on your computer,
it will contain several files, ***these should NOT be opened***
once you have your Theme pack opened you are ready to install:

Part 1 - import Via the ACP
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Login to your forums AdminCP.

2. click on the "styles" icon.

3. click on the "import a Style" option on the left hand menu.

4. Use the browse button to browse your computer to where you opened up the Theme pack .. and open the folder marked "Skin File - upload via ACP" and click on the file named "style-stylename.xml"

5. Click the import button - this process can take a little while dependant on your connection.

Part 2 Upload via FTP
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Open your FTP client, and connect to your server/forums/styles directory.

2. Browse your computer to the folder you unzipped the Theme pack into earlier.

3. Select the folder named upload/styles/skin_name and upload the entire folder called "skin_name" (where skin name is the name of the skin) and contents to your server - make sure you maintain the existing name and folder structure,
just upload the whole thing.

4. Your theme should have picked up the image directory once you have uploaded it, if not you will need to
open up Style Properties/theme/General/Path to images - this should read: styles/theme name

You should now be able to choose the newly installed Theme from the style chooser at the bottom left of your forums.

Once again, thank you for choosing xenique.com, and ENJOY your new Style!

********************************************************************************************

Xenique skin for xenforo - LICENCE AGREEMENT

********************************************************************************************

Upon downloading any xenique product you agree to the following:

* 1) The licence provided to you for this Premium product from xenique, is limited
to personal use on your own site. You may not redistrubute,
alter and distribute, nor sell, nor alter and sell or in any way distribute or redistrube the
files in this download.

* 2) Under no circumstances are the Styles, skin sets, code or graphical images provided
with the product you have downloaded (original or modified) permitted to be distributed
to other parties. Nor may they be used for any other purpose without express written
permission from xenique.com. However, you are permitted to use the graphics and CSS
for integration with your forums front page, portal or website.

* 3) All copyright notices must remain in the templates unless a Copyright Removal license
is purchased. Graphics or skin sets MAY NOT be modified in ANY way without purchase of
copyright removal, which is strictly on a product by product basis.
ie: you must pay Copyright Removal for each and every product you wish to modify.

***** DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY ******

THE THEME, STYLE, SKIN AND THE ACCOMPANYING FILES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES AS TO
PERFORMANCE OR MERCHANTABILITY OR ANY OTHER WARRANTIES WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED.
The user must assume the entire risk of using the product. ANY LIABILITY OF THE SELLER
WILL BE LIMITED EXCLUSIVELY TO PRODUCT REPLACEMENT OR REFUND OF PURCHASE PRICE

**********************************************************************************************

I still have the "itemCounts" shown if i load my Page for the first Time. After hovering about them the itemCounts are gone. How can i get rid of them from the first Time?

Top Bottom