• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 2.0 Moving to another host - An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later. <!-- Connection refused -->

ehd

Active member
#1
Hi,

I tried to move a XF2.0 Beta 6 to another host.

- pointed the domain's DNS to the new host
- disabled the secure certificate on the old site
- dumped the DB, uploaded it into to the new db on the new host.
- downloaded the files, uploaded it to the new host.
- changed the credentials in library/config.php and uploaded them to the new host. (both php 7.1)
- enabled the secure certificate on the old site

As if the the config.php wasn't there I get the error: (Source sode)

An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later.
<!-- Connection refused -->
I tried:

- to access the db through phymyadmin and ssh, both working.
- to save config.php with utf8 NOBOM
- to save config.php with utf8 NOBOM
- change the password of the db and in the config.php
- check the path the files and uploaded info.php to see if it's accessible
- checked file permissions

Is the config.php cached somewhere?

The only thing I can call is /install.

But when entering the user's credentials:

Oops! We ran into some problems.
The requested user could not be found.
The user is in the database.


On the same server (same web-user) a XF 1.5 runs without any problems.

I would be glad if you give me some hints what to do.

Thanks.
 

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
#2
- changed the credentials in library/config.php and uploaded them to the new host. (both php 7.1)
The XF2 config file is in src/config.php. Once you have confirmed the site is up and running, you can delete library/config.php.
 

ehd

Active member
#4
I upgraded from 1.5, so the config in /library was still there. I wasn't aware of a new location because it was added automatically by the upgrade.
 
#8
I'm getting the same problem, and i have updated all the info, and it's happening at my current host too, that's why i moved host, and i tried to do /install to try to get it fixed but i keep getting the samething.

Oops! We ran into some problems.
The requested user could not be found.

The funniest thing was they(namecheap) where blaming it on xenforo and devs for the issue.

It's been happening a lot lately, is it the host that is having problems that makes the problem show up ? because namecheap is saying there's a syntax error in the application.php, and they are wondering why is their only one line of code on the file ?
 
Last edited:
#9
Here's another message from namecheap, so i guess its xenforo devs problem ?

"Thank you for your patience.

We have thoroughly reviewed your case and chat history and we're sorry that you experience such inconveniences.

To our deepest regret, we cannot resolve the issue as code-debugging and website development issues are out of the scope of our support. We do not have specialists in this area and we are a hosting-oriented company. We can assure you that we have done everything we could from my side to find the root cause of the issue, however, it seems that the issue is out of our area of responsibility.

We have consulted with our Technical experts and escalated the case with https://crimsonbattlefield.com/forum to the higher level of support, however, we do not have any good news. As there are no issues or possible logs about the conflict on the server side, it may be resolved only with the help of Xenforo developer. "
 

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
#10
Could you submit a ticket please with FTP and admin login details. We need to try and expose the underlying exception.
 

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
#13
Erm... I actually haven't done anything...

There are still some outstanding issues though which may have been related.
 
#14
Weird because namecheap runs into the same issue, when i contact them about the issue the website it starts to work again. mmm, but ya it's been happening a lot lately.

Now it's happening again.
 
Last edited:

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
#15
Yeah it's gone again. I'm going to assume it's caused roughly by the same issue as we're getting when attempting to log in to the install system, which is actually swallowing a "Prepared statement needs to be re-prepared" error.

This can be caused by an insufficient table_definition_cache or table_open_cache value in MySQL.

If you could get your host to check that in the first instance, that'd be great.

Your Admin CP error log does seem to contain a couple of those errors if you want to send the details to them.
 
#16
Alright, ill get a hold of them and see what their response is. thanks.

edit: I replied to the ticket.
 
Last edited: