Moving sites around

Teddy Scott

Is it possible to use Xenforo on a different site if I have one license if I update license details and kill the other site it was previously registered to?
Then once xenforo goes gold, then can I downgrade said site back to another version of forum software such as VB then launch my other new site with xenforo once it goes gold as long as I have only one site at a time running xenforo with one license?
I want members on my older site to try the beta version. Then once it goes gold, maybe I can encourage them to buy a license so we can keep that site on xenforo as well, and I will still have the other license I already purchased to use on my new forum. Make sense?

..Make sense?
Not to me, here is the license agreement, I bolded the part that you may be asking about:
http://xenforo.com/license-agreement/

Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement and the payment by You of the applicable fee for the Software, XenForo Limited grants You a limited, non-exclusive, worldwide license to install, download and use a single instance of the Software ("License") through a single installation. Each License may run one instance of the Software, accessible via one URL. Any attempt to circumvent this limitation is prohibited and will result in the License being revoked.

Before deploying the Software, you must register in the XenForo.com customer area the address (URL) at which You will use the License. This URL must be kept up-to-date. You may create a single additional test installation for the purpose of testing the Software. Any test installation of this kind must be password protected, and access to it must be limited to You and Your website staff.

Top Bottom