XF 1.4 Moving my VBulletin forum

Stemmy

I have a couple of questions about my forum move please.

I set up a test xenforo forum for me and my staff to get used to the software.

I imported just my forum structure initially so we could see how it looks in the new software. We have now added hacks etc to get it looking how we need it.

I am now ready to import all users and images etc.

My plan was to delete all the test users and posts that we have created to test in the xenforo forum and then start the import, my first question.

1. Can I just import users and images etc. or do I have to import the structure again ?

2. When I first imported the forum structure one of the options xenforo asked me for was the path to my images folder. I gave it the full path to the images forlder but it said it could not find any images there ?? I then gave the path to the root of the forum and it seemed to work. im a bit worried that its not going to find my images when we run the install. what is the exact path that needs to be given to find the images and if it is the exact images folder why didnt mine work ?

My hosts are Nimbus Hosting who I see run lost of xenforo sites, their support is fantastic. They have asked me to ask a specific question though.

3. My forum is a photography forum and currently uses 60Gb of memory with posts and images. I have 100GB of memory form my host. When I run the import does xenforo COPY all the data or just copy the DB and use the same images ? If it copies the images and DB they I will need to extend my data allowance for the import. If it just moved the images then I should be fine.

Exciting times for my forum and I have to say xenforo is a huge step forward for my forum. everything we wanted from vbulletin and more. Well done guys.

Thanks in advance for your help.

3. My forum is a photography forum and currently uses 60Gb of memory with posts and images. I have 100GB of memory form my host. When I run the import does xenforo COPY all the data or just copy the DB and use the same images ? If it copies the images and DB they I will need to extend my data allowance for the import. If it just moved the images then I should be fine.
I'll answer this, as I believe you're a Xen Media Gallery customer so it is kind of relevant.

Imports are effectively non-destructive to the original source data. Which makes a lot of sense. Would be a nightmare if the import went wrong half way through or you were just doing a test import and half the source data had now been deleted (because it had been moved). So certainly when XenForo imports attachments, the original data will be copied.

In terms of XMG if you are importing into that from another gallery product, the same thing applies. The original data is copied rather than moved.

Top Bottom