• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Moving large attachments from vBulletin

Well I'm playing on a test site with my Big board. It has about 20gb of attachments, and I wanted to move them over so I could import them into xF for a true test site.

Any suggestions for moving them over? I'm guessing a wget command could help move them...but I was going to see what everyone else was doing.

Paul M

The importer has to have access to them in the first place. :)

I assume from this that his test site is on another server, so he needs to copy them over for the importer to get that access.

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
Well, if you're expecting to do multiple test imports, setting up via rsync might be the best option. You could still move them over with a cp--or tar/gz/cp, though who knows how much transfer time you'd save with that (consider the time/space/CPU to compress as well).

xmlxp

moving that size of file is not somthing you should worry about, the big challenge is if XF importer can handle that size of attachments or not. i have 7 gigs attachments and am just waiting for xf beta 3 release so i can start importing my vbulletin forums.

Robbo

Well from what I have seen of the importer I don't see why it wouldn't be able to handle a huge amount of files. It would just take a while. It doesn't attempt to move them all at once.

Paul M

Turn on debug mode and then you should get the full error.

I dont really understand why it says try again later - ive never known an error fix itself yet :)

Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect string value: '\xF1\x9E\xB9\x83]C...' for column 'message' at row 1
  1. [*]Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 292
    [*]Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 468
    [*]Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 546
    [*]Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1490
    [*]XenForo_DataWriter->_insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1479
    [*]XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1287
    [*]XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/Model/Import.php at line 292
    [*]XenForo_Model_Import->_importData() in XenForo/Model/Import.php at line 809
    [*]XenForo_Model_Import->importPost() in XenForo/Importer/vBulletin.php at line 1823
    [*]XenForo_Importer_vBulletin->stepThreads() in XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php at line 77
    [*]XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 161
    [*]XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 105
    [*]XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionImport() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 303
    [*]XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
    [*]XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/****/public_html/community/admin.php at line 13