• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Moving from vBulletin - missing some features

Hi,

I am one of the many who want to move away from vBulletin. Currently I am struggling with the decision which software I want to use. XenForo or IPS.

While I like some features on XenForo more then the IPS equivalent, there are a few things missing I desperately need. Maybe there is a solution I did not see or there is something already on the roadmap. What I don't want are bridges to third party software like Wordpress or Drupal. Here my list:

- CMS

I need an article system (a full CMS is not needed). The resource system would do the trick, but it seems I can only add one attachment. I need the ability to have multiple attachments on articles.

- Blogs

my members enjoy blogging. Is there any way I could implement that?

Thank you for the links. I fear that is not a solution for me :( Well, I still have a few month before I have to drop vBulletin. Let's see how XenForo looks like then.

Wow XenPorta looks nice, but can it be used for a daily deals site like SlickDeals? I am thinking of purchasing XenForo for the forum, but what about the main page/portal? Can XenForo be modded to have hand-picked daily deals and coupons on the front page? Will it be practical and easy to manage from the back end?

Dakis

If you publish the deals and coupons in the forums, you can hand-pick which ones you want to show in xenporta.

If you publish the deals and coupons in the forums, you can hand-pick which ones you want to show in xenporta.
But that's not how I want it setup because then I'd be dependent on forum users. It should be the other way around where I find the latest deals and post them on the front page in a table/blocks. The forum should be a secondary source for users to share/discuss deals that they found. I know WordPress have plugins like SellFire, PopShops, and DataFeedr, but you have to pay monthly fees. What makes SlickDeals interesting is that it is all vBulletin, so that's why I was wondering if xenForo can be customized to achieve the same design (and be stable of course)?