XF 1.2 Moving from /forums to root

grantus

I currently have Xenforo installed in /forums but if I want to move everything to the root directory, what would be the simplest way?

Obviously I'll move all the files to the root, but how does that affect Xenforo?
Would I have to backup the database, re-install Xenforo and then import the database?
Or is there an easier way?

Thanks.

I'm in the process of moving everything now but there's a problem. I moved all my Xenforo files to the root directory and then changed the board URL. Now when I go to the forum, I can't get to certain areas of the forum. All my nodes still show /forums/general for example. I restarted my server but still same thing. What could be the problem?

Ok I moved Xenforo's htaccess, restarted my server and still the same thing. I can access the threads and posts such as: mysite.com/posts/ but on the main page, all the nodes still link to mysite.com/forums

Nevermind, I got it! It's because since I moved all my xenforo files to the root folder, I still had my "forums" folder. I removed that and so far everything seems good.

Top Bottom