Moving from Drupal to xF

Hi,

I watched xF development for a while now, and now I consider to migrate one of my projects to xenForo. In the past I used Drupal for this, but due to some reasons I don´t want to use it any longer and want to give rather xF a chance and plan to use it like a forum style CMS due to its good SEO capabilities

So, before I buy a xenForo License I have some questions:

1. I plan to use xenForo on my local XAMPP test environment for local tests and on my production site. Can I do this with one license?

2. Since this is a commercial project, I need an invoice with admitted sales tax. Is this possible? I need it for the fiscal authorities

Cheers,
Markus

1. Yes

How many installations can I make with a single license?
Each license permits you to install the software once. However, you may create a single additional test installation for testing purposes only. Any test installation of this kind must be password protected, and access to it must be limited to you and your website staff.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/pre-sales-faq.4951/

2. Yes

Wow, this was pretty fast - thank you for your quick response. :)

want to give rather xF a chance and plan to use it like a forum style CMS due to its good SEO capabilities.
"forum style CMS".
Sounds interesting.
I think it would be easily possible to make either specific forums look like an Article + Comments (as opposed to a Thread + Replies).
Jaxel, author of XenPorta, has been doing this.
Essentially he Styles his Announcement Forum this way. So it looks more official :)

If you purchase xF .. make a thread about your plans .. there are people whom have likely done parts of what you want done .... certainly jaxel has.

One thought that comes to mind for you would be .... why not Wordpress ? It sounds like you know what you are after ... but I thought it was worth mentioning it anyway. Certainly xenforo is awesome stuff, there are many reasons to jump on to it's agile framework and tweak it to your liking.

"forum style CMS".
Sounds interesting.
Well, to be more specific: I own a shop and want to use xF to publish announcements, article reviews and unique content who does not appear on my other blogs. This seems to be much more conveniant than with a traditional CMS like Drupal.

If you purchase xF .. make a thread about your plans .. there are people whom have likely done parts of what you want done .... certainly jaxel has.

Sure, I will. :)

Are you hoping for alot of community engagement / replies to your Articles and Announcements ?
By your description, (so far!), Wordpress seems like it might be a better fit ?
Certainly Wordpress + xenForo is a awesome combo (good bridges, good style integration).

Top Bottom