XF 1.3 Moving Directories

abnvet

I currently have xenforo installed in mywebsite.com/community/ however since doing this I installed the xenportal mod and its screwing some my URL structure so I think if I moved xenforo into my "mywebsite.com" it might fix this, however I am wondering if anything special needs to happen or can i simply move the files and be good to go. Im not too worried about google right now as I just started with this site. I appreciate any help that you might have

From the FAQ:

How can I move my installation to a different directory?
Update the Board URL in the ACP -> Options -> Basic Board Information and move the files to the new directory (or rename the directory). You may need to restart the server for the change to take effect.
Note that redirection will be required to ensure any existing links continue to work.
For example, if the installation is moved from the /community directory to the root, the following line needs to be added to the .htaccess file, after the default XenForo rewrite rules:

Code:
RewriteRule ^community/(.*)?$ /$1 [R=301,L]

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/frequently-asked-questions.5183/#post-180455

Top Bottom