Moving a Big Board from vBulletin to XenForo?

Hello there, I've got here since we updated our forums to vb4, I hate this last release, didn't know about all the 'changes' on vBulletin Development Team, but now it all makes sense... I've paid a lot for my move to vb4, and I'm not really happy about having to look for new perspectives. I might consider moving to XenForo, but there's a lot of things I need to get in XenForo to be able to do that.

Some of my forum stats, so you get my POV.
Threads: 220k Posts 1500k Members 1500k
Online users minimum: 1000, Online users average: 3000, Online users top: 6000 (Time:15Min)
Daily Analytics (Google) 150k visits, 1200k pageviews.

I also will need some custom stuff done, I dont need it to be free, I can pay, but I need to know if there's people willing to do the work or not...

And the most important question I've, SEO.... 70% of my traffic is organic, Meaning I can't risk to ****up with google, so, does XenForo really include all the stuff vBSEO does but without to pay for an addon? Or will I get my organic traffic ****ed up with the change.

I'm not sure if there's any forum that big using XenForo, I haven't been able to find it, So I would like to know if XenForo Staff can tell me if everything will be ok or not before making this swap.

To address this part, you need to be aware there are some missing moderator features compared to vB3/4. There isn't even any moderator log so there is no record of what your moderators do, there is no post edit history, there is no search for posts by a certain IP (except as a query) as examples.

The good news is these features are heavily requested by users and some will be included in 1.1 (no-one knows when this will be out though).

I believe it's been mentioned that 1.1 is slated for a Summer release but I don't think anymore specific than that, and definately before the end of October, so at most I think you won't be waiting more than about 3 months but again that's a complete guess based on a couple of comments I've read around the forum.

I think moderation on Xenforo is actually easier than on vBulletin by quite a lot, I'm currently a moderator for both a vBulletin and Xenforo forum of similar sizes, and without doubt Xenforo is quicker and more efficient to deal with and the moderator bar is amazing. From an admins post of view (without the mod log) it is lacking something but from a moderators point of view I personally think it's already a significant improvement and if they are adding more features in 1.1 then that's only going to make that better.

I think moderation on Xenforo is actually easier than on vBulletin by quite a lot, I'm currently a moderator for both a vBulleting and Xenforo forum of similar sizes, and without doubt Xenforo is quicker and more efficient to deal with and the moderator bar is amazing. From an admins post of view (without the mod log) it is lacking something but from a moderators point of view I personally think it's already a significant improvement and if they are adding more features in 1.1 then that's only going to make that better.

Steve thanks for taking the time to give this feedback; for all the missing features it really is the "real world" experience that is more important. To have people who moderate on both platforms say that XenForo is better even with these features missing is significant.

Top Bottom