• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Movie Recommendations??

Andrew

I'm looking for some good movies to watch. They can be new or old it does not matter. But they have to be made in English as thats the only language I speak. :)

If you make a recommendation, can you please post a youtube trailer with it :)

Thankssssssssssss !!

AnthonyCea

Anything with Clint Eastwood, anything with Mel Gibson and Danny Glover and anything with Julia Roberts, especially Erin Brockovich.

Carlos

If you enjoy a funny comedy - Goin' the Distance.
If you like action - Knight and Day or The Town ....I also recommend Salt - based on the comic book of the same name.
Now, if you want a movie with a mix of comedy and something a lil' sad - Karate Kid's it. That is a remake of the original The Karate Kid.

Two movies I want to watch are Hunt to Kill and The Stranger - both are Steve Austin films. His debut movie condemned was just freakin' awesome.

Kim

Recent Pics I have enjoyed...

Salt - (not bad, not brilliant, but quite watchable 6.5/10 )
Inception - (Good, you have to follow it closely though 7/10)
The Social Network - (Excellent - very "talky" so if you like action pics you won't like this at all 9/10)

Fred Sherman

If it doesn't have to be new... Saving Private Ryan
When the movie comes to the cemetery scene at the very end, all I could think about were the men I had served with and the ones we lost. As the credits finished, I was alone with my wife in a dark empty theater, still in tears.
Could you ever live up to that debt? Fifty years later, viewing their graves, he turns to his wife pleading, “Tell me I'm a good man!” In other words, “Tell me I didn't waste those men's lives! Tell me I lived up to them! Tell me I didn't waste away my life bought with their blood!”
Even writing these words, I still well up. I think they're thoughts that ever one of us who have been in combat and lived through it feel just below the surface every day, not a conscious thought, but ever present all the same.

Andrew

Thanks for the recommendations I promise I'll try and watch all of them before the next week is over. I have some free time on my hands and I plan on getting some movies time in.

:)

Carlos

+1 for The Social Network and i think you will like this one :p
+1 here too.

The movie taught me some business moves I should make or not make. And then in the middle of it all, I keep saying to myself "I've been on the right path, then!"

Some moves in the movie; I've already made.

SilverCircle

Recently seen this and liked it.

Biggest fail: The Tourist, totally boring and I'm still regretting that I spent money on it. Well, my fault, I'd been warned :)

Jo.

Tomorrow when the war began:

Watched this the other day and it was pretty good. Two more sequels to come - following the books. :)