XF 1.2 Move xenforo's SQL db to another server?

Nicky Vermeersch

I'm trying to move away from my old shared environment server, to a new dedicated machine. I want to keep all the data, but there are a lot of non-xenforo files that clutter the same directory where xenforo was installed.

Is it possible to just move the sql database from the old server to the new one, without copying all the xenforo and unknown files?

I'm trying to move away from my old shared environment server, to a new dedicated machine. I want to keep all the data, but there are a lot of non-xenforo files that clutter the same directory where xenforo was installed.

Is it possible to just move the sql database from the old server to the new one, without copying all the xenforo and unknown files?

You will need to copy over the xenforo files as well. But you can upload a fresh copy of xenforo files and if you have mods installed you will have to copy their folders/files too and as last but not least make sure that the db info are entered correctly in the config.php file.

You will need to copy over the xenforo files as well. But you can upload a fresh copy of xenforo files and if you have mods installed you will have to copy their folders/files too and as last but not least make sure that the db info are entered correctly in the config.php file.

Could I compare the fresh copy of xenforo to the already existing one, and determine in that way which files I need to move? I just want to get rid of all the old files from previous installations (files like cron.php, and others which don't seem to appear on a fresh xenforo installation?)

There are still many files in the latest version which are unused and for the amount of disk space you will save, it's really a pointless exercise.

However, if you want to do it, upload the latest upgrade.zip files, then copy across the .htaccess and library/config.php files and the /data and /internal_data directories.

Top Bottom