1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented Move the "Upload a File" button / swap it with "Post Reply"

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Brogan, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Every time I post a reply I click on the "Upload a file" button by mistake as that is where I would logically expect it to be.

For people with wide monitors they have to mouse right over to the far edge of the screen to click on the "Post Reply" button.
    dieketzer and Lawrence like this.
  2. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

Perhaps put it in the editor itself as it seems to have enough priority with the attach an image or attach a link button.
  3. Douglas

Douglas Member

Ditto, I made this mistake on my first post. It was down to me being lazy, I didn't look at the button properly - but I assumed (It makes perfect sense) the button immediately below the textarea would submit the reply.

The Post Reply and More Options seem a bit lost over their with all the WYSIWYG buttons located to the left.
  4. Lawrence

Lawrence Well-Known Member

Agreed. For consistent look, IMO Upload a File, is more of an Option, so it should sit next to it. :)
  5. Brogan

The new thread button needs to be moved over to the left too.
  6. Brogan

Just bumping this up to see if it garners any more support as it was posted quite a while ago.
  7. Brentnauer

Brentnauer Well-Known Member

I agree, the buttons should be flipped.
  8. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

If arrangements were to be made I'd rather have more options next to Upload a File, and post reply by itself on the right side.
  9. James

James Well-Known Member

Yeah, it doesn't make sense (to me) to have the more options button. Post Reply states that you've finished your message and you want to post it, it shouldn't have a "more options" next to it IMO.
  10. Brogan

This can be moved to the Implemented sub forum now I guess.