Lack of interest Move "Recent Activity" under "New Posts"

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Moshe1010

I guess it would be more comfortable for users if "Recent Activity":
http://xenforo.com/community/recent-activity/

would be moved as a button under "New Posts":
http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/6451/w1ve.png

Or just make an option to review "New Post" not as threads but as comments, like in "Recent Activity". It's more comfortable and could be more engaging. I say give an option, since for big boards, "Recent Activity" just for posts would refresh quickly, and it would be hard to follow.

Can also read this suggestion:
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenforo-on-1-2.51407/page-19#post-564313

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Recent Activity isn't the same as new posts though - it includes likes, profile posts etc. Also what's in Recent Activity isn't necessarily new posts (though it can be, of course).

I can see an argument for making Recent Activity more prominent but I don't think it should go under New Posts.

Recent Activity isn't the same as new posts though - it includes likes, profile posts etc. Also what's in Recent Activity isn't necessarily new posts (though it can be, of course).

I can see an argument for making Recent Activity more prominent but I don't think it should go under New Posts.

My intention was to exclude likes/avatar change/etc`.

Then the page becomes a different view of New threads. Removing features shouldn't be the goal of a suggestion.

Then the page becomes a different view of New threads. Removing features shouldn't be the goal of a suggestion.

There are 2 options:
1. Moving recent activity there, and include likes/whatever
2. Adding another button with new posts (only) that would be visible like in recent activity. This button would be added where I pointed out on my screenshot.

It would save a click if they'd just put the 'Recent Activity' link in front of the 'New Posts' link. A tabbed 'New Posts' page which includes 'Recent Activity' is an option but then they'd have to change the phrase again to something similar to "What's New" and as mentioned people would have to click twice to go to the 'Recent Activity' page.

As I've stated in a few of these similar threads, I'm a fan of rolling several of these similar functions into tabs on a "New Content" page that replaces New Posts/What's New.

Something like (but not necessarily matching):

New Content

New Posts (Includes Threads & Posts) (Default 1st Tab just as it already exists)
New Starters (Includes just new threads)
Watched Threads
Watched Forums
Recent Activity​

Add-ons can add to these tabs, such as digitalpoint's "Spy" add-on, and Chris Deeming's Media Gallery...

So Alien you want to create a double click for all that functionality. Sorry I personally don't see that as improvement.

So Alien you want to create a double click for all that functionality. Sorry I personally don't see that as improvement.

Not ideal, but there must be a happy medium that wouldn't necessarily require more work (A New Content main nav tab or something). I think certain links such as Recent Activity would be seen more from the New Posts page than where it is now. None of my members found it in the past.

Since XF sticks the quick search bar (and visitor tabs) where it is, there is no way to put a right-aligned special tab or link there either (unless you are on custom styles obviously).

I just feel there is more that can be done here, I'm just not an artist and can't develop it myself.

Top Bottom