XF 1.3 move post to existing thread only for admins?

snoopy5

Hi,

I am running XF 1.3.0. There is this new feature to move posts to an existing thread by simply providing the URL to that thread.

This works fine as long as I do this with admin rights. But my moderators get an error in the last step that they do not have the user rights to be able to do this.

Do I need to give moderators somewhere in the ACP extra rights for this? If yes where? I did not find any place.

Thanks in advance

As far as I'm aware, the move posts capability is tied to the Manage (move, merge, etc.) thread by anyone permission. When I just tested this, if I didn't have the permission I didn't even have the option to move posts, or indeed any other post or thread management options.

Do your moderators have the Manage (move, merge, etc.) thread by anyone set to Allow?
What is the error message they are getting?
Do you have any other add-ons that might be conflicting with this capability?

User/user group permissions.

I have the correct settings there. Everything is on "green".

The error is: " A server error occured. Please try it later again"

In ACP error reports I found this:

Code:
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli statement execute error : Data too long for column 'action' at row 1 - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214
Generiert durch: tester4, Vor 3 Minuten
Stapelverfolgung

#0 /mypath/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(297): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute(Array)
#1 /mypath/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#2 /mypath/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(574): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('INSERT INTO `dp...', Array)
#3 /mypath/library/DigitalPointSpy/DataWriter/ModeratorLog.php(18): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert('dp_spy', Array)
#4 /mypath/library/XenForo/ModeratorLogHandler/Thread.php(21): DigitalPointSpy_DataWriter_ModeratorLog->save()
#5 /mypath/library/XenForo/ModeratorLogHandler/Abstract.php(32): XenForo_ModeratorLogHandler_Thread->_log(Array, Array, 'post_move_targe...', Array, NULL)
#6 /mypath/library/XenForo/Model/Log.php(202): XenForo_ModeratorLogHandler_Abstract->log(Array, 'post_move_targe...', Array, NULL, NULL)
#7 /mypath/library/XenForo/Model/Log.php(188): XenForo_Model_Log->logModeratorActionLocal('thread', Array, 'post_move_targe...', Array, NULL, NULL)
#8 /mypath/library/XenForo/Model/Post.php(1504): XenForo_Model_Log::logModeratorAction('thread', Array, 'post_move_targe...', Array)
#9 /mypath/library/XenForo/Model/Post.php(1313): XenForo_Model_Post->_moveOrCopyPosts('move', Array, Array, Array, Array)
#10 /mypath/library/XenForo/Model/InlineMod/Post.php(455): XenForo_Model_Post->movePosts(Array, Array, Array, Array)
#11 /mypath/library/XenForo/Model/InlineMod/Post.php(353): XenForo_Model_InlineMod_Post->_moveOrCopyPosts('move', Array, Array, Array, Array, NULL)
#12 /mypath/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/InlineMod/Post.php(223): XenForo_Model_InlineMod_Post->movePosts(Array, Array, NULL)
#13 /mypath/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/InlineMod/Post.php(140): XenForo_ControllerPublic_InlineMod_Post->_moveOrCopyPostsAction('canMovePosts', 'movePosts', 'XenForo_ViewPub...', 'inline_mod_post...')
#14 /mypath/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): XenForo_ControllerPublic_InlineMod_Post->actionMove()
#15 /mypath/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#16 /mypath/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#17 {main}

Benötigter Status

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(58) "http://www.myurl.com/inline-mod/post/move"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(7) {
    ["thread_type"] => string(8) "existing"
    ["existing_url"] => string(57) "http://www.myurl.com/threads/test.75011/"
    ["save"] => string(21) "Beiträge verschieben"
    ["posts"] => array(1) {
      [0] => string(6) "464619"