1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 move post to existing thread only for admins?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by snoopy5, Apr 8, 2014.

1. snoopy5

snoopy5 Well-Known Member

I am running XF 1.3.0. There is this new feature to move posts to an existing thread by simply providing the URL to that thread.

This works fine as long as I do this with admin rights. But my moderators get an error in the last step that they do not have the user rights to be able to do this.

Do I need to give moderators somewhere in the ACP extra rights for this? If yes where? I did not find any place.

Thanks in advance
  2. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

As far as I'm aware, the move posts capability is tied to the Manage (move, merge, etc.) thread by anyone permission. When I just tested this, if I didn't have the permission I didn't even have the option to move posts, or indeed any other post or thread management options.

Do your moderators have the Manage (move, merge, etc.) thread by anyone set to Allow?
    What is the error message they are getting?
    Do you have any other add-ons that might be conflicting with this capability?
  3. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

That error could happen if they couldn't manage the thread they're attempting to move the posts into.
  4. snoopy5

Where do I find this setting?
  5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

User/user group permissions.
  6. snoopy5

I have the correct settings there. Everything is on "green".

The error is: " A server error occured. Please try it later again"

In ACP error reports I found this:

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli statement execute error : Data too long for column 'action' at row 1 - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214
    Generiert durch: tester4, Vor 3 Minuten
    #0 /mypath/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(297): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute(Array)
    #1 /mypath/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
    #2 /mypath/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(574): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('INSERT INTO `dp...', Array)
    #3 /mypath/library/DigitalPointSpy/DataWriter/ModeratorLog.php(18): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert('dp_spy', Array)
    #4 /mypath/library/XenForo/ModeratorLogHandler/Thread.php(21): DigitalPointSpy_DataWriter_ModeratorLog->save()
    #5 /mypath/library/XenForo/ModeratorLogHandler/Abstract.php(32): XenForo_ModeratorLogHandler_Thread->_log(Array, Array, 'post_move_targe...', Array, NULL)
    #6 /mypath/library/XenForo/Model/Log.php(202): XenForo_ModeratorLogHandler_Abstract->log(Array, 'post_move_targe...', Array, NULL, NULL)
    #7 /mypath/library/XenForo/Model/Log.php(188): XenForo_Model_Log->logModeratorActionLocal('thread', Array, 'post_move_targe...', Array, NULL, NULL)
    #8 /mypath/library/XenForo/Model/Post.php(1504): XenForo_Model_Log::logModeratorAction('thread', Array, 'post_move_targe...', Array)
    #9 /mypath/library/XenForo/Model/Post.php(1313): XenForo_Model_Post->_moveOrCopyPosts('move', Array, Array, Array, Array)
    #10 /mypath/library/XenForo/Model/InlineMod/Post.php(455): XenForo_Model_Post->movePosts(Array, Array, Array, Array)
    #11 /mypath/library/XenForo/Model/InlineMod/Post.php(353): XenForo_Model_InlineMod_Post->_moveOrCopyPosts('move', Array, Array, Array, Array, NULL)
    #12 /mypath/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/InlineMod/Post.php(223): XenForo_Model_InlineMod_Post->movePosts(Array, Array, NULL)
    #13 /mypath/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/InlineMod/Post.php(140): XenForo_ControllerPublic_InlineMod_Post->_moveOrCopyPostsAction('canMovePosts', 'movePosts', 'XenForo_ViewPub...', 'inline_mod_post...')
    #14 /mypath/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): XenForo_ControllerPublic_InlineMod_Post->actionMove()
    #15 /mypath/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
    #16 /mypath/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
    #17 {main}
    Benötigter Status
    array(3) {
      ["url"] => string(58) "http://www.myurl.com/inline-mod/post/move"
      ["_GET"] => array(0) {
      ["_POST"] => array(7) {
        ["thread_type"] => string(8) "existing"
        ["existing_url"] => string(57) "http://www.myurl.com/threads/test.75011/"
        ["save"] => string(21) "Beiträge verschieben"
        ["posts"] => array(1) {
          [0] => string(6) "464619"
  7. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Looks like the error relates to Digital Point Spy. You'll need to raise the issue in the discussion thread for that add-on.