Implemented Most Downloaded - Count a download only once

Forsaken

I took a look at the most downloaded resources, and ASR Portal is the currently most downloaded mod which seems odd as it wasn't widely used before it was renamed.

I then checked by downloading a resource ( http://xenforo.com/community/resources/membercard-black.75/) which had zero downloads, and downloaded it twice, so it is obvious it is tracking each download, and not ignoring people who re-download the resource.

This will be abused if it isn't made to track unique downloads.

Upvote 4
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I notice that too...I've downloaded 6 times my addon, just to test if all my download would be tracked, and yes. It is.

Just a note, I've sent to Brogan a suggestion like that and the reply was:

"We are already aware of this and had considered some form of tracking.". So I think they are already working on this to make it better.

Well, as a small suggestions it would be maybe better to count downloads in ressources from the same User just once to get a real statistic?!
Right now every download is counted

This is coming. It keeps track of what versions you've downloaded, but the counters (global and version-specific) are really the unique downloaders count (except if guests can download, as we don't track them).

Top Bottom