1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented Most Downloaded - Count a download only once

Discussion in 'Resource Manager Closed Suggestions' started by Forsaken, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

I took a look at the most downloaded resources, and ASR Portal is the currently most downloaded mod which seems odd as it wasn't widely used before it was renamed.

I then checked by downloading a resource ( http://xenforo.com/community/resources/membercard-black.75/) which had zero downloads, and downloaded it twice, so it is obvious it is tracking each download, and not ignoring people who re-download the resource.

This will be abused if it isn't made to track unique downloads.

2. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

Agreed. good suggestion.

3. Fuhrmann

Fuhrmann Well-Known Member

I notice that too...I've downloaded 6 times my addon, just to test if all my download would be tracked, and yes. It is.

Just a note, I've sent to Brogan a suggestion like that and the reply was:

"We are already aware of this and had considered some form of tracking.". So I think they are already working on this to make it better.

Shelley likes this.
  4. bogus

bogus Guest

Well, as a small suggestions it would be maybe better to count downloads in ressources from the same User just once to get a real statistic?!
    Right now every download is counted

5. Fuhrmann

Fuhrmann Well-Known Member

6. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Download tracking is already on the to do list.

7. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

This is coming. It keeps track of what versions you've downloaded, but the counters (global and version-specific) are really the unique downloaders count (except if guests can download, as we don't track them).

RvG likes this.