XF 1.4 more importing woes

Ian S

hi all im back again after a massive break, anywayz long story short is i had a complete clean backup saved in 1.4.4 ready for a import from vb3.7, this has always worked in the past, this time it done everything correctly but didnt import the threads and posts, everything imported apart from these

any ideas greatly received thx

I have imported successfully on a lower version of PHP.

i thought this after as when i started from scratch it worked(y)
XF works with PHP 5.2.11+

Are you saying that the clean XF installation which works is on a different server to the backup installation which doesn't work?

Which server is the VB installation on?

no, we only use 1 server for all applications so they use the same localhost,

when i started a fresh import of xf 1.5 yesterday it did import the posts/threads as well as the other stuff, but my clean 1.4.4 wont do it,

as stated above i used the same files and master db in febuary about 15 times then left the scene, come back now to the same files and exact same method and it wont work, the files have sat in the same place since febuary, as i say this is a absolute pain in the ass as id set up all the permissions for the 16 usergroups and added skin and other bits of custom work

the exact master has always worked except i forgot the password and had to change it

we do have a xf on dev and this is the dev2 which i use for testing which is .htaccess password protected
so only i can access it no one else

any ideas now:confused::confused::confused::confused:

You can try removing the .htaccess protection to see if that makes a difference.
Otherwise I have no idea why it's not importing threads and posts.
I could only recommend starting with a new installation and setting that up to match.

Just to clarify, I'm confused. You've referred to your old master DB as being a "clean install", but then there are references to nodes, permissions, and user groups.

Have you started an import on that database (but stopped before importing threads and posts)?

You can try removing the .htaccess protection to see if that makes a difference.

i removed this when i did the 1.5 yesterday and it worked
Just to clarify, I'm confused. You've referred to your old master DB as being a "clean install", but then there are references to nodes, permissions, and user groups.

Have you started an import on that database (but stopped before importing threads and posts)?

i call it a master clean db which has only usergroups, forums, and some custom addons on it, it always worked before

to add my host has added atomic php 5.4, 5.5, 5.6 are these compatible with xf?

ill try removing .htaccess and trying later brogan think this maybe the cause ill report back once done

ok ive tried everything and the only time it worked was if i reimported the forums which obviously duplicates and dont incorp my usergroup permissions is there any way around this btw i did on the main dev site so thats how i did it in febuary but now the same db dont work that i used then

any easy way to sort this??

ok ive tried everything and the only time it worked was if i reimported the forums which obviously duplicates and dont incorp my usergroup permissions is there any way around this btw i did on the main dev site so thats how i did it in febuary but now the same db dont work that i used then
This is pretty much exactly what I was referring to. It sounds like you half started an import and setup you're "restart point" there. This really isn't an expected or recommended approach, especially when the database you're importing from is changing. We would recommend making the backup before starting the import.

Given that it works with a fresh install, that pretty much confirms that the issue relates to that approach, so you'll need to use a totally fresh install.

i followed these guidelines to the T, i was under the impression you could do what you needed to the clean backup and then import, this was working 100% before but wont now, why i dont know but it worked 15 times before without a hitch, from the same point of the import, its just very strange it wont work now nothings changed,verty annoying all the forums and permissiond were set in the master, so all i did was import the rest

ok latest is there importing but in the forums it showing no messages bt click into forum and posts and threads are there

any ideas?]

think i may have to start again which is not going to be fun

cool thx mike 1 last question since i did all the node trees 1 sub forum has been made which isnt probably going to import if i manually add the same sub forum in xf will it import?? or does the sub forum create a forum number that can manually be changed

as always thx, looks like ive found a way to import to my old clean db which saves so much time

Top Bottom