• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Mood script for XenForo?

Shelley

A little to advanced for me but anyone here thinking of writing a mood manager script for Xenforo? Because in the past, and primarily designing mood icons for other software mood scripts just curious to know whether anyone is thinking of developing a mood script for XenForo?

Attachments

• moods2_preview.webp
    moods2_preview.webp
    34.8 KB · Views: 51
  • moodicons_signed-in-area.webp
    moodicons_signed-in-area.webp
    7 KB · Views: 50
  • mood_postbit_mockup.webp
    mood_postbit_mockup.webp
    2.7 KB · Views: 35
Bare in mind I'm not developing a mood script (I wouldn't know where to start) I'm merely doing the icons. This is a job for someone knowledgeable using Ajax, css etc.

Bare in mind I'm not developing a mood script (I wouldn't know where to start) I'm merely doing the icons. This is a job for someone knowledgeable using Ajax, css etc.

What would all the icons be?

- Happy
- Sad
- Depressed
- I got my period

I can't think about any more than those, and the 4th one isn't really good :P

Reactions: Nix
I might take it up, its kinda on the list of stuff that's floating around in my head. Alas, so little time, so many ideas.

Sounds interesting for a first mod... I may do so, not decided yet though, have a few plans for mods but need to see the code first.

I know tidbits enough to style etc just not fluent with ajax or php. Getting older each day it's not looking good for me. :P Jokery aside, this would def be a job for someone else. I'd be more than happy to supply mood icons (which I'm currently developing) I'll apply them to the first post, this might entice someone to become interested. :)

The thing to think about is clean and appropriate implementation into XenForo. I don't see the current post bit as 100% appropriate for the icon, but rather, as part of one's profile page (and that little pop up box). But I guess you'd also have to look at the icons that are being used as the moods.

The thing to think about is clean and appropriate implementation into XenForo. I don't see the current post bit as 100% appropriate for the icon, but rather, as part of one's profile page (and that little pop up box). But I guess you'd also have to look at the icons that are being used as the moods.

The location of the postbit is going to be a problem. I personally need them showing in the postbit but we'll see. I'm trying to construct a mockup of them in the "signed in as Username" area but it's difficult to crop, I'll post it soon so folks have some idea.

mockup in attachment. Gives you an idea on the size of the icons. Applying mockup in first post of this thread so it's not buried in this post.

Attachments

• moodicons_signed-in-area.webp
    moodicons_signed-in-area.webp
    7 KB · Views: 41
I personally need them showing in the postbit but we'll see.

Exactly, the mood showing in the post bit is kinda "essential" in a way.

mockup in attachment. Gives you an idea on the size of the icons. Applying mockup in first post of this thread so it's not buried in this post.

Icons are looking great (as always from you ;)). Can we also get just the icon on the left itself? My thinking is maybe display the icon (as opposed to the "bar") somewhere in post bit and have it "slide out" on mouse over into the bar. (I imagine it slick, but that's my imagination. :p) Personally, I think that fits the current XenForo feel.

It's a nice idea and I can guarantee it'll be created eventually.
You could append an image relating to their mood inside the postbit or perhaps a hover attribute so when you hover over the avatar a speech bubble appears (over the text if necessary) with their current mood.

Can we also get just the icon on the left itself? My thinking is maybe display the icon (as opposed to the "bar") somewhere in post bit and have it "slide out" on mouse over into the bar. (I imagine it slick, but that's my imagination. :p) Personally, I think that fits the current XenForo feel.

Something like this???

xen-mood-png.450

Attachments

• xen-mood.webp
    xen-mood.webp
    15.3 KB · Views: 121
Something like this???

xen-mood-png.450

I really don't think this would go down very well with the group of people who use mood scripts. Not discounting the idea, and I guess we are at the mercy of the developer of this. but popping out from the avatar enduces that cluttered feel. I seriously can't see a problem with it being under "new member". Going to see how it looks being under that area.

Something like this???

xen-mood-png.450
Nice mockup! Competing with Shelley here. I like that... or perhaps because it's a mood and it's not something that's always conveyed directly it could be a thought bubble that come out of the top-right corner.

Shelley makes a valid point, I originally wondered what it'd look like under the user title.

I really don't think this would go down very well with the group of people who use mood scripts. Not discounting the idea, and I guess we are at the mercy of the developer of this. but popping out from the avatar enduces that cluttered feel. I seriously can't see a problem with it being under "new member". Going to see how it looks being under that area.

I tried that but it extended the postbit box too much in my personal taste... I would much rather a minimized feel first that then extended to a full display when hovered etc. maybe that can be done with it being under the "New Member" but I am not sure...

Top Bottom