• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Mood Icon Discussion thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shelley I have these in my smileys. Maybe they'll help?

cowboy.gif
cowboy2.jpg

Thanks for adding so many of the suggestions! :)

Are you done with suggestions or would you like more? ;)

I'm still taking suggestions. So anyone that wants to throw some out there and post them by all means please do. Chances are they may be done, if not in the main pack certainly in the add-on packs that follow.:)

@Peggy - Thanks, I'll probably try designing a cowboy tonight. :)

Glad you like them. Hopefully this time around people who have used my previous mood icons will see the upcoming v2 variants as improvements.

Drunk is also done I noticed some suggested this further up the thread.

Anyway. Here's another little screenshot of my latest though I do feel that a good ole animation would have been nice. :p

It could just be my eyes or maybe its just really early... but uhh does the mood icon in your last attachment say "sex snack"

lol haha

It could just be my eyes or maybe its just really early... but uhh does the mood icon in your last attachment say "sex snack"

lol lol lol

Yeah. I have been prone to do those "adult mood" requests though that one I came up with last night and thought to myself "what would I do if I wanted a sex snack?" Anyway, that reminds me that I'll need to do a counterpart, men on their knees is far more appealing. LOL (it's all in fun).

To give anyone following the mood icon project I'm working on I'll be doing a main pack. The main pack will be the main bulk of the mood icons consisting of hundreds of moods. Afterwhich this is released, I'll be designing and releasing "Add-on" packs. Some of these Add-on packs will be Themed..... example: "sexual" "disney" "cowboys" etc you get the picture. So, I'm always looking for suggestions. Bare in mind that the more descriptive the suggestion is (Type of smiley/icon) and the title the better the chance it will be implemented. :)

Obviously some titles are self explanatory and don't need an in-depth description for me to work on but most of those unique titles do. I encourage to keep the suggestions coming in, if I like them I'll like the post and chances are you will see this included maybe in the main pack or at the very least the many add-on packs that will follow. :)

Here's a video of the mood icons in action through the admincp xenmood listing and forumhome. I have designed more since the vid though most are listed in the admincp with a few v1 moods listed which will be replaced as they are designed.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Best visiting the following link for a better quality view http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgNjXlcyJLc

Reactions: D37
may I comment?
I think so much mood icons is not a good idea.
It's better to make sets of mood icons because human brain cannot use excessive information - on the 20th icon people will surely forget what they wanted to show :D

As I've read no modification to the icons allowed - but my Russian-speaking visitors hardly can use those moods. What about diff langs?

I have an idea that not all the forums would be "girls-like" styled and mood icons sets can be selectable by styling. E.g. tech forums, sport forums, car forums, space and so on.

The last thing I wanted to comment is the name idea:

Hank. Just Hank.
(I guess all like Californication ;) and he's name suits best).

may I comment?
I think so much mood icons is not a good idea.
It's better to make sets of mood icons because human brain cannot use excessive information - on the 20th icon people will surely forget what they wanted to show :D

As I've read no modification to the icons allowed - but my Russian-speaking visitors hardly can use those moods. What about diff langs?

I have an idea that not all the forums would be "girls-like" styled and mood icons sets can be selectable by styling. E.g. tech forums, sport forums, car forums, space and so on.

The last thing I wanted to comment is the name idea:

Hank. Just Hank.
(I guess all like Californication ;) and he's name suits best).

In my experience you can never have too many moods. With my last mood icon v1 set I have an inbox with at least 300 requests asking for more. People across all the platforms use the mood icon pack and they've all come back asking for more. Providing less moods is something I won't do. If people want more I'm more than willing to serve up more by designing more. Anyway, If I provided less people would most likely form a vigilante group and spank me to death which of course I warmly welcome and probably would enjoy. :)

The great thing about this pack is that the moods are now residing on 1 psd & sliced therefore when it comes to making language changes it will be much easier for me to provide and make those language changes. If people in their respected languages want to step forward and provide me with the translations once the mood icons are completed I will be more than willing to make those changes. Unlike the v1 moods, I had to load up each mood and make changes with this pack it can be done 99% quicker.

With regards to your 3rd paragraph I'm not sure what you mean. Are you saying that certain moods should display and become selectable in specific forums? If so, that is something the coder/author would need to implement and add as a feature to the mood script. I'm merely designing icons to complement the mood script. With that said, I'm not sure that having certain moods for specific forums would be a great idea as it's not allowing that person to convey their true mood across. Touching upon your first paragraph, I suppose a suggestion towards dismounted (author of the mood script) about adding categories so themed sets can be transferred and/or allocated into might work though I feel at this time the display listing is more than enough and won't confuse people.

How about "Woolly" as in Wild and Woolly. A cowboy smiley with a cowboy hat and two six shooters in the air.

We have a western themed website.

Here's what I've got/designed so far. I now need to figure out the best method in designing the "six shooters". Ignore the title it's temporary (screenshot in attachment). :)

Attachments

• cowboy_mood.webp
    cowboy_mood.webp
    5 KB · Views: 31
well, about the 3rd, I am not sure that community of tired auto mechanics would understand those smilies in the moods :D
they consider me a gay :D:D:D

i'd rather offer them smth like that: "sucked into turbine", "stuck under car", "burned by milltek", "drunk with break fluid" or else :D

Here's what I've got/designed so far. I now need to figure out the best method in designing the "six shooters". Ignore the title it's temporary (screenshot in attachment). :)

Maybe search for icons or images like this one...

cca8ce58802b48c98e1f18be2af550ed-800.png

New Suggestion: An "overworked" mood icon with the smilie having its eyes closed and head in hands or head leaning to the side on a hand.

New Suggestion: An "overworked" mood icon with the smilie having its eyes closed and head in hands or head leaning to the side on a hand.

I'll definitely be adding this one in Arny. I'll try this one possibly tonight and post back the results on progress made and a possible screenshot. :)

I have nearly finished the translation of the mood icons and what has happened now? I've lost the usb stick with all the data saved on it :(

I have nearly finished the translation of the mood icons and what has happened now? I've lost the usb stick with all the data saved on it :(

Now, I can certainly feel your pain CS. Only a few days ago I lost 8 hours worth of work in photoshop. :D

With regards to the german translation (I'm assuming it's german) you can send me the list whenever your ready and I can make the changes as I'm designing and finishing off the mood icons. This way, on release day I can post the german moods along with the english. :)

Edit: Could you possibly type the mood titles in capital letters CS so that I can copy and paste them over in photoshop. The font used requires that only capped letters are used being a pixel based font. Thanks

Reactions: D37
Now, I can certainly feel your pain CS. Only a few days ago I lost 8 hours worth of work in photoshop. :D

With regards to the german translation (I'm assuming it's german) you can send me the list whenever your ready and I can make the changes as I'm designing and finishing off the mood icons. This way, on release day I can post the german moods along with the english. :)

Edit: Could you possibly type the mood titles in capital letters CS so that I can copy and paste them over in photoshop. The font used requires that only capped letters are used being a pixel based font. Thanks
I managed to overwrite the navigation of that theme I showed you 3-4 times :).

I should sleep soon...

Yepp, I have edited all the images for nothing.

Does your font support umlauts like ä,ö,ü?

Yepp, I have edited all the images for nothing.

Does your font support umlauts like ä,ö,ü?

I just checked and it's not supported.

Onto distribution of the mood icons I won't be allowing re-distributing of the mood icons v2 or allow them to be modified as i'll be doing the modifications myself and they'll only be allowed to be distrbuted here at xenforo.com and soon to be my own site.

I just haven't mentioned the conditions of use as I felt it wasn't needed considering i've only posted screenshots of the icons.

Out of curiosity. Did you crop the mood icons from the screenshots?

No Shelley, you've posted icons on adminextra a while ago and i just photoshopped it and after I was finished I would have send the file to you. It was never indended to distribute it on my own.

No Shelley, you've posted icons on adminextra a while ago and i just photoshopped it and after I was finished I would have send the file to you. It was never indended to distribute it on my own.

Sorry Dominic for assuming otherwise.

Primarily I asked because I was having trouble knowing whether you kept the transparency too as the mood icons will be in png format. Again, Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom