Monthly Lease?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Goodie2Shoes

Hello,
xenForo has started loads of new features and it also got a future... you can't deny that... so how about starting a new feature like monthly lease?

Well, I am from Bangladesh and am a student, so I dont got a credit card, my dad wont let me use his and there's no paypal here and you can't transfer money from a bank in Bangladesh to an online bank like Moneybookers or AlertPay...

hope you can understand my position...

How will this "monthly lease" will work? It'll be like people will lease a license at $10-$20 a month, which will continue for a year or two, then it'll be "free"...

if you can start this service, I can guarantee that "nulled" scripts will go to hell ;)

Well, I am from Bangladesh and am a student, so I dont got a credit card, my dad wont let me use his and there's no paypal here and you can't transfer money from a bank in Bangladesh to an online bank like Moneybookers or AlertPay...

If you can't pay now, how would you pay for the monthly lease?

Your main argument seemed to be around payment mechanisms, rather then the ability to pay.

if you can afford $20 per month then it will only take 7 months to save for a license.

I cant wait for 7 months... I am too impatient... I wouldn't have created this thread if I could've waited... because I've got the brains to calculate how long it will take to save the money :p
still... drop the thought about me... isn't it good to start a monthly lease service? You'll be the first one in the industry ;)

I cant wait for 7 months... I am too impatient... I wouldn't have created this thread if I could've waited... because I've got the brains to calculate how long it will take to save the money :p
still... drop the thought about me... isn't it good to start a monthly lease service? You'll be the first one in the industry ;)
Which would allow software pirates to pay a one month fee, get the code, remove whatever was added to enforce the monthly lease option, and release it for free.

You'll be the first one in the industry ;)
Something tells me you aren't the first person to ever consider/suggest a monthly lease option. There will be reasons why no forum software provider has offered a monthly lease option.

Then it's a small investment, as a freelancer you can get a loan from the bank which you can pay back monthly.
did I mention that I am a student? They dont give loans to teenagers... and also if they did, there's no way to transfer that money because of some damn rules in our country... and yeah, if I can transfer it, I dont need a loan actually ;)

and also if they did, there's no way to transfer that money because of some damn rules in our country...
So again, how exactly would you pay the monthly fee?

Several times now you've said it's impossible to transfer money from the country you're in, so whether it is a one off charge of $140, or a monthly charge of $20, it makes no difference if you're unable to pay it.

like I said... I am a part-time freelancer...
What does that have to do with being able to pay from the country you're in?

You're changing your argument from post to post.

It's quite a simple concept; pay the license fee or don't.

umm... okay I am trying to be as clear as possible...
I can't transfer money from my country because of some rule in our country.... so what I do is do some part-time jobs at oDesk, Fiverr and all the payments I get is tranferred to a Paypal account I have... clear enough?
And yes, Paypal doesn't our country doesn't mean that I cant create one...

they are getting the script... they are nulling it... they are distributing it... so it really doesn't matter does it?
Nothing is going to stop pirates from getting software, but making it easier to gain access to the software is about as idiotic as it can get.

As for you being a student freelancer... Take a higher paying freelance job, and include the price for the software in the fee. Unless you're undercutting competition, and working at dirt cheap prices, you should easily be able to make the cost of the software + whatever you'd normally pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom