Money - split from 'Purchasing Question?'

Imagine a banknote with bonnie prince charles of wales who's really not that bonnie. I'd expect he'd only fit on the fifty pound note with those two gignatic plates of meat on the side of his head. :D

Imagine a banknote with bonnie prince charles of wales who's really not that bonnie. I'd expect he'd only fit on the fifty pound note with those two gignatic plates of meat on the side of his head. :D
I think the nation's mood on joining the Euro may well change when we get Charles' noggin on our banknotes :)

I rather liked the look of the Euro... I preferred the color/patterns and nice designs over the green/dark green/light green we're suck with.

Can someone buy things in the UK stores and pay with Euros? Or do they need to convert them into pounds first?

Our notes are just cool these days, especially the pretty much indestructible plastic they are made from... http://www.rba.gov.au/banknotes/types/index.html

5-front.webp

10-front.webp

20-front.webp

50-front.webp

100-front.webp

US currency confuses me... its all just the same colour! Have to actually look at what I'm doing with it when handling US$.
typically....we just look at the number to tell the difference (1, 5, 20, 50, 100, etc) but I must confess...our currency is boring and not nearly as pretty as the currencies around the world. I have a collection from all over. Recently, my good friend left the U.S. to go back home to Guyana. He brought back with him the currency from the country and it was bright and colorful.

typically....we just look at the number to tell the difference (1, 5, 20, 50, 100, etc) but I must confess...our currency is boring and not nearly as pretty as the currencies around the world. I have a collection from all over. Recently, my good friend left the U.S. to go back home to Guyana. He brought back with him the currency from the country and it was bright and colorful.
Like West Hollywood or San Francisco?

Top Bottom