Money - split from 'Purchasing Question?'

Moses

Our notes are just cool these days, especially the pretty much indestructible plastic they are made from... http://www.rba.gov.au/banknotes/types/index.html

View attachment 3042
Also known as the Strawberry, Blueberry, Orange, Pineapple and Avocado

We do have the strongest currency in the world, I proved this in South Africa when I gave the biggest Afrikaaner you've ever seen a AU$10 note and asked him to break it.

In all seriousness, our colourful notes are excellent for people who have vision impairments and the elderly.

crossovernetwork

I think the nation's mood on joining the Euro may well change when we get Charles' noggin on our banknotes :)
This side of Hadrian's wall we have 3 sets of banknotes: Royal Bank of Scotland, Bank of Scotland and Clydesdale bank all issue notes, in addition to the Bank of England notes. I don't think Liz's face is on any of the Scottish ones. However, the designs are starting to look more like Euro notes.

Moses

And they're also useful if you run out of notes in your Monopoly set :p.
At $0.97 to the US$1 it would be an expensive Monopoly set.
Parity, here we come. And beyond!
And then.. cheap snowboarding and fishing gear will be mine.. mwahahhaaha

Kim

At $0.97 to the US$1 -Parity, here we come
No booo! :( My income is all in USD.. it sux0rs that our $ is so high right now.. bad for exporters, even lil ones like me.

Paypal fees and fees on their exchange rates mean I am already losing about 5% :'(

What's the NZ $ doing.. might have to emigrate :p

cedivad

$ = crap going to fail
£ = don't know who it will act, it's hard to say
€ = more stable in the long term. win over $.

Lycaon

In my opinion the Euro sucks.

If the UK ever adopt the Euro I will bloody immigrate.... though obviously not to a country in Europe.