Module - Standalone or Integrated ?

daveb

I come from a background of phpbb / phpnuke coding, fairly proficient at hacking away with that platform / php / mysql etc

Now I have setup my first XenForo site (http://www.iqboosterz.com) and love it, but I am at a crossroads, I have done all the standard setup, added plugins etc etc and got it almost how I want it (well good enough for now ;) )

But now I need to go completely custom, I need to create a module in php which I want to hook into Xenforo somehow, I will need to use the user credentials / authentication from Xenforo and add a Nav tab pointing to it but haven't the foggiest where to start ;)

Any pointers will be muchly appreciated save me hours of Googling / Forum searches ;) ?

Jake Bunce has lots of useful stuff on navtabs - an addon-on for making a node display as a tab whether or not it displays in the node tree. It's such a powerful addon it takes real effort to grasp its scope.
He also gives how to do a tab just as a link/ or use the addon + a link forum.

Worry not. There are those vastly superior to me - lords of code - who will help you and generally fast.
But I suggest you give an outline of what you actually want your custom thingy to do. That way the lords of code can see if it tickles their divine fancy to play with. A general request for help with php won't get far.

Is your site aiming at parents/ teachers or kids? It's very neat but could do with a touch of spice. Blue = truthful, reliable, trustworthy but also dull. I'd respectfully suggest a bit of contrast - some very dark blue lines? Or a seam of bright green (very narrow, sharp)?

Oh I LOVE your favicon.

just found that Jake Bunce addon, installing now ;)
It will be a online testing module as such, presenting questions / forms logging to a database etc

aimed at parents but used by kids also, yep the theme needs fluffyfying (lol new word) ;)

thx for advice

Interesting as I'm an online education pro. (Not the forum in my sig that's a personal community)
There's someone talking about a quiz addon here recently.

I did find a few threads with members talking about a quiz addon but nothing seemed definite but Note: I am completely new to Xenforo so it won't be a quick learning process lol, although I am impressed with the back end and operation of the forum software having set my site up from scratch in 48hrs :)

Top Bottom