[MODM] AjaxChat integration for XenForo

[MODM] AjaxChat integration for XenForo beta 2a

No permission to download
Working well with the exception when I log in this pops up every time when using Chrome on my Mac.
screenshot.webp

Last edited:
@matrix @Tracy Perry As for every support request, I won't be able to investigate anything without an idea of your config: settings page and config.php file, both with your db credentials hidden.

@Jaxel: I do not have a spare xf licence to build a demo site yet, but you can test this add-on even locally. Just wait for the next upcoming beta release.

@ManOnDaMoon the config.php is default except for the DB username/password/DB name changed.
Attached are screen shots of the ACP settings.

View attachment 62396 View attachment 62394View attachment 62395
Thanks. What URL are you using exactly when you get this error? Also, under which version of Chrome is this happening?

EDIT: Possibly, if you have a more explicit error message in the console (strike F12 then click "Console"), I'm interested in its contents.

EDIT 2: Oh, also, do you have Flash enabled? It is still required for audio support, even though HTML5 audio support is planned in AjaxChat. It may be raising this error.

Last edited:
Thanks. What URL are you using exactly when you get this error? Also, under which version of Chrome is this happening?

EDIT: Possibly, if you have a more explicit error message in the console (strike F12 then click "Console"), I'm interested in its contents.
http://servinglinux.com/chat/shoutbox

Using Chrome Version 31.0.1650.57 on OS/X Mavericks. Does not show when using Safari - so it may be specific to Chrome.
Code:
XenForo.activate(
#document
) xenforo.js?_v=f9d0b895:200
event.returnValue is deprecated. Please use the standard event.preventDefault() instead. jquery-1.10.2.js:5374
XenForo.activate(
[div#chatList, context: document, selector: "#chatList", jquery: "1.10.2", constructor: function, init: function…]
) xenforo.js?_v=f9d0b895:200

Thanks, there is no error message in this console log.
My guess is you do not have flash support enabled in Chrome, have you?

Yep... the flash uploader for xenForo works fine. Once I tell it OK it works... just that error pops up.
I've tried with the exact same version of Chrome and did not raise the error even with Flash disabled. I'm running the next release of this add-on, so AjaxChat probably had a bugfix for this. I'm currently packaging things for an update today or tomorrow.

hello,

i hava a bug :s

5D5jc.jpg

And Bug for shoutbox :

Auto enlarge :s
5D5of.png

5D5sd.png

5D5tD.png

No end :(

Thanks you!

i just updated my ajaxchat addon for 1.2 xenforo but problem now is it wont load up :/ it just appears empty window and empty user list and when i send a message nothing happens :( you can see pic below

Screenshot_10.webp

whats wrong?

hello,

i hava a bug :s

And Bug for shoutbox :

Auto enlarge :s

No end :(

Thanks you!

Please wait for next version that should fix the styling issues.
I'm also aware of the error and still investigating it.
i just updated my ajaxchat addon for 1.2 xenforo but problem now is it wont load up :/ it just appears empty window and empty user list and when i send a message nothing happens :( you can see pic below

View attachment 63235

whats wrong?
I won't be able to answer without your config.php file and a screenshot of your settings (with masked database information).

Next version is getting late because of a critical bug in AjaxChat the main developer fixed just yesterday.

I too receive the "TypeError: this.target.create is not a function" message. Any leads on a fix?

modm_ajaxchat_wf_shoutbox.css points to a report.gif file in a directory that does not exist, therefore, the report button does not show up. It should point to chat/img/report.gif

There are also various typos in the 'chat log' area, and an accented "a" after the date, even for the English language.

Users also occasionally get sent to the 'logged out' area unexpectedly.

Last edited:
Hi MODM,

Whats the channel for on AjaxChat? The user permission also need to match the channel/forum authorization yah?

Deddy

I tried everything I know how to do but I can not log on to chat. I went to the chat/index.php page and everytime i hit logon the page refreshes with the message "Invalid username" and the user name text box is also blanked out.

I added my user to the users.php file.
$users[4] = array();
$users[4]['userRole'] = AJAX_CHAT_USER;
$users[4]['userName'] = 'KamelJabber';
$users[4]['password'] = 'password';
$users[4]['channels'] = array(0,1);

I guess I don't understand, the users are not linked with the xenforo users?

Yah, i have no idea how to integrate the chat into my site :(

For Taiga I added the following line:
<xen:include template="dark_taigachat"><xen:set var="$taigachat_alt">1</xen:set></xen:include>

I tried things like:
<xen:include template="modm_ajaxchat_shoutbox"></xen:include>

But didn't work. I dunno :((

Last edited:
So after a few hours of trying to figure this out I realized I'm must be missing some basic understanding of xenforo templates and the xenforo system.

Do you have any recommendations of information on what I would need to learn before using this tool?

Thank you.

This add-on adds a ‘Chat' tab to access the chat, or widgets for XenPorta and WidgetFramework add-ons. No need to edit template files.
Users are linked but access is permission based so you have to give usergroups permission to see/access the chat features.
Standard login page isn't functional, users have to login through your xenforo website.

This add-on adds a ‘Chat' tab to access the chat, or widgets for XenPorta and WidgetFramework add-ons. No need to edit template files.
Users are linked but access is permission based so you have to give usergroups permission to see/access the chat features.
Standard login page isn't functional, users have to login through your xenforo website.

First of all thank you VERY much for you prompt and courteous response! I'm new to XenForo and was very much hung up for about three hours :(

So here was were my issues
  1. I installed the add-on
  2. Edited the config.php
  3. Ran the install.php
    This was the biggest issue for me! As you probably know after the add-on is installed the install.php uses the db settings from the 'AdminCP > Options' page and not the config.php. That consumed most of the time since it was the first time I setup a database and ran an install so I assumed I was entering the incorrect values in the config.php file. Once I entered the values into the options page everything worked fine.
My next issue was that I kept trying to embed the chat into my forum_list template like I did for Taiga. I didn't realize it was a tab and a widget. Even if I did my failure would have been the fact that I had to set group permissions.

My last issue I was trying to confirm the install via the /chat/index.php page. As you just commented that is not functional.

well it's up and running and fantastic.

Currently:
  • Searching for the option or mechanism to allow members to auto-logon. Every time a tab is switched the user has to re log in.
  • Every time you switch channels the chat transcript is wiped out. Not sure if that is an option to persist between channel switching.
  • Searching for any way to allow more options in XenPorta. EG. toolbars.

Questions:
  • Is it possible to limit channel permissions. EG. Only allow visibility to a channel based on user permissions?

Thank you so very much for you hard work and product. Can't wait to follow the updates and see where you take it next.

EDIT: I see, it asks for a logon every time I click on "shoutbox"

Last edited:
Top Bottom