XF 2.1 Modifying Text Selection Color

Alfuzzy

Can someone help me with a little CSS please? I'm trying to change the "text selection color" for both the new thread and thread reply areas.

I've been successful changing the text selection color for the thread reply area...using the code:

.fr-wrapper ::selection {background: paleturquoise; color: #141414;}

selection color 1.png

But I seem to be having trouble changing the text selection color for the new thread entry area:

selection color 2.png

If you look hard...the current text selection color is light gray/light silver...and very hard to see...and I want to change it to something easier to see. I've used the Chrome Inspector tool for both modifications...but I seem to be having trouble with the New Thread text entry area.

Can someone please help me with the CSS code for changing the text selection color for the new thread text box entry area?

If there's a single line of CSS code to modify both areas (new thread text entry and thread reply text entry)...that would be great. But if 2 lines of CSS code is nedded that's perfectly ok.:)

Thanks

With some additional trial & error (and maybe a little luck);)...I think I got it. Was able to change the text selection color of the New Thread text input area with the following CSS code:

.fr-box.fr-basic .fr-element ::selection {background: paleturquoise; color: #141414;}

selection color 3.png

Does this make sense to you CSS experts out there?

Thanks

Last edited:
If what I did to modify the text selection color of both the New Thread and the Thread Reply text input area is considered "ok"...but not the best way of doing it. If there's a better way...please post.:)

Thread Reply modify text selection color:

.fr-wrapper ::selection {background: paleturquoise; color: #141414;}

New Thread modify text selection color:

.fr-box.fr-basic .fr-element ::selection {background: paleturquoise; color: #141414;}

Thanks

Top Bottom