1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modifying link styles

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Ryan Kent, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Ryan Kent

Ryan Kent Well-Known Member

The default style for my site is brown. It works great except that when reading threads it is very hard to distinguish links from normal text. I tried to adjust by varying the shades of brown but that didn't work. Next I tried making the text bold which worked perfect, but then I realized that read threads use the same property so using bold just made all threads appear as unread.

So my question is...how do I change the link property of text that appears within a post but not affect links which appear other places such as the thread title list of the forums?

The property I am modifying is in the ACP > Appearance > Style Properties > Message-Elements > User-Generated Link, the first field which is labeled Text.
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That is the correct style property and works on the default style.

I expect this will be another anomaly related to the style you are using.
    Try asking the author of the style.
  3. Ryan Kent

Ryan Kent Well-Known Member

I verified and you are absolutely correct. Sorry, I didn't realize the issue was specific to my style.