Modifications, what do you look for in....?

Cupara

I am giving a small list of mods I will be doing for xF along with a long time friend, Chris M. So you tell us what features you look for in each individual addon.

Portal
Newsletter
Alias
Article System
Banner Rotation
Referral System

Just a small list, but lets see what features are wanted/needed to make a system work to the satisfaction of the admin using it.

Cheers

They all sound good, I tend not to modify my own board at all, but I have a future project with xenforo in mind and I might be coming along to see you about a few of those ;)

I'll need some version of the Yet Another Award System. Not because I care - they'll care. They spent four years earning the awards and some of them were pretty tough to get. They will not let go of the awards. They won't even agree to display a fewer number of them. Believe me, I've tried.

And I guess hand-in hand with that: some sort of collapse box on the postbit, to sling them into.

(And yeah, I do hate to clutter up the lovely clean streamlined postbit, but that's the way it is.)

Steve what does "Alias" do ?

Will definitely be looking at your "Article" mod, sounds exactly like what we need.

Nice to see the third party modders already kicking in.

Will be working on the "Silver Stars" and "Awards" modifications that we wrote for an old vBulletin site, our members loved em. Think I still have the code, pretty basic, floating around. Depending on how Xen implements module integration, i.e how easy and well documented it is, have a couple of modules in mind that might be valuable additions to forums.

Alias is probably a mod that lets you go by your name and not your username.

I hope you build them with principles and philosophies in mind, that is all i ask :) You might even want to incorporate the xF principles in there.

Top Bottom