Moderators stay Members usergroup name

Rich

When I made 2 Moderators in my forum I cant get there usergroup name to change to Moderator no matter what setting I do but they show up in staff online and they have all the moderators rights.

Do you mean the user title?

Normally you would put them in the Moderating group which has the title set. If the user is in multiple groups then make sure the Moderating group has a higher display priority:

Admin CP -> Users -> List User Groups -> [click the group] -> Display Styling Priority

Depending on how you set the user group permissions up, you could also remove them from the registered users group and set the moderator group as the primary.

However, best practice is to keep them in both groups and do as Jake said with the display styling priority.

To clarify , When I made Mods and made there user group super Moderators they are listed as Members even know they are not in the members group. I had to go to each profile and write in Moderators in the custom field. Shouldn't they have shown up as Moderators because of there group?

Did you make them Moderators by clicking on the "Create New Moderator" button and then on the next screen check "Add Moderator to User Groups: Moderating"?

I just tried that with my test board and it worked fine.

If you only do the first step and don't add them to the user group then they will show in the Staff block but their user title will be from the user group with the highest styling priority; i.e. Registered Users if that's the only user group they are a member of.

Top Bottom