XF 1.1 Moderator permissions aren't inherited in child forums?

shawn

I guess the first question is: are child permissions supposed to be inherited by child forums? I think that they're supposed to... but I could be wrong about this.

I have a subforum for a club. Moderators are assigned to that forum. There's a private child forum with different usergroup permissions, but the same moderators. Problem is, the mods have privileges in the parent forum, but not in the child forum. They are members of the correct usergroup to view/post/etc within the private child forum.

Moderator permissions applied to a parent node also carry down to the children.

All of my moderators are applied to the category level only, which gives them the relevant permissions in all forums in the category.

So is this a bug, then?

I deleted the moderators from the parent forum and re-assigned them, but still nothing. I've also verified it via the permissions tester.

They are inherited unless those same permissions are Revoked (or set to Never) in the child forum. That includes the Private node option which effectively sets everything to Revoke.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

So we grant moderator privileges, but the child forum effectively has "revoke" assigned to most everything for registered users, so that overrides the mod permissions.

Top Bottom