Fixed Moderator Log show not all actions?

Romchik®

For Example:

Post approved
Post unapproved
Post removed from public view (reason: {reason})

Perhaps there are other actions that do not appear in the log ...

Are you saying those actions aren't logged?

If so, don't test with one of your own posts - we don't necessarily log stuff that a regular user could potentially do, or in the case of approving/unapproving their own content, something that likely doesn't need too much logging. (We could force logging of the latter if desired.)

One thing I think is important, the admin log does not log people logging in or out of the admin panel (with ip's preferably)

something that likely doesn't need too much logging.
there i have to disagree:p

It's interessting / sometimes necessary to know what the user did...
if i would see that the thread changed (title or something else, => i know it's not possible with xf, but with an add-on) i would check the mod log...
If i wouldn't find anything, i would think that i've been hacked and would spend unnecessary time with checking access log to see what happened here
(but maybe i'm the only one who thinks so:D )

there i have to disagree:p

It's interessting / sometimes necessary to know what the user did...
if i would see that the thread changed (title or something else, => i know it's not possible with xf, but with an add-on) i would check the mod log...
If i wouldn't find anything, i would think that i've been hacked and would spend unnecessary time with checking access log to see what happened here
(but maybe i'm the only one who thinks so:D )
I agree. In vBulletin, I've noticed things that were changed in the thread (e.g. an unanswered thread was closed), however, nothing was in the log. It would definitely be nice/useful to see who did it and when.

Yes, speciall if you have a "mod tool" like
screen1.webp
which is shown in the thread for the mods...
then you NEED a continuing list without "not logged changes"..

I've also not checked if it's possible to overwrite the actions, at least there's no listener for modlog...
Once i find some time i'll check it

I've changed this so that any action a moderator takes that can be logged will be logged (no matter what user they do it to), except when they edit their own post. (As that would generally just fill it up with noise.)

Top Bottom