Moderation and report

Iestyn

Hi there guys, I'm very new to Xenforo, and only converted to the latest version the day before yesterday, but in the initial release, we had the moderation / report sections in the top left of the site. What happened to those? Were they moved in 1.0.2 as they've disappeared, even on the default xf style. I've been looking for an option to turn them back on in the ACP but found nothing so far. I can add them back through the. but im just curious as to what happened to it :)

They haven't moved, still in the same place.

If they're not appearing then it's likely that moderator status hasn't been applied.

http://xenforo.com/help/moderators/
  • The Moderator Bar is visible for all users who are made moderators. However, the Moderation Queue and Reported Items are only accessible with the following moderator permissions enabled:
    • Moderation Queue - View moderated threads / posts and Delete thread by anyone and Edit post by anyone.
    • Reported Items - Delete post by anyone or Edit post by anyone.
  • If a user is given moderator permissions without being made a moderator, the Moderator Bar, Moderation Queue, and Reported Posts will not be accessible
I wrote that for 1.0.0 but there have only been 2 maintenance releases since and I believe the behaviour is the same.

Hmm thats really odd, it was showing on the first version, straight away after the upgrade, it went, I haven't changed permissions or anything like that. It's really odd. I'll have a gander and see if i can find out what's going on.

They haven't moved, still in the same place.

If they're not appearing then it's likely that moderator status hasn't been applied.

http://xenforo.com/help/moderators/
  • The Moderator Bar is visible for all users who are made moderators. However, the Moderation Queue and Reported Items are only accessible with the following moderator permissions enabled:
    • Moderation Queue - View moderated threads / posts and Delete thread by anyone and Edit post by anyone.
    • Reported Items - Delete post by anyone or Edit post by anyone.
  • If a user is given moderator permissions without being made a moderator, the Moderator Bar, Moderation Queue, and Reported Posts will not be accessible
I wrote that for 1.0.0 but there have only been 2 maintenance releases since and I believe the behaviour is the same.

If I assign a member to be a forum specific moderator, with no permissions set, like this:
v104 forum moderator permissions.webp

Then they should not be seeing this, correct?

v104 moderated reported bar.webp

I've tested it on my v1.03 forum, and on the v1.04 demo just now. Perhaps I misunderstood what you meant.
  • The forum specific moderator cannot see the moderated items but can see the Moderation Queue menu as shown in the previous picture.
  • The forum specific moderator cannot see the current reported posts, nor the closed reports, but can see the Reported Items menu as shown in the previous picture.

Edit: I've change the PAGE_CONTAINER template from this (I am sure there are cleaner ways to handle it):

<xen:if is="{$visitor.is_moderator} || {$visitor.is_admin}">

To this, where usergroup 4 is the moderators group (the forum specific moderators are not part of that group):

<xen:if is="{xen:helper ismemberof, $user, 4} || {$visitor.is_admin}">

All mods can see those links, even if they don't have permission to handle moderated and reported items. But when they click those links the list of items is empty if they don't have permission.

You can edit the templates (as you have done) to restrict who can see those links. But I think you want this condition:

Code:
<xen:if is="{xen:helper ismemberof, $visitor, 4} || {$visitor.is_admin}">

(using $visitor instead of $user)

All mods can see those links, even if they don't have permission to handle moderated and reported items. But when they click those links the list of items is empty if they don't have permission.
So I discovered.

To me, the wording seems a bit ambiguous: link
the Moderation Queue and Reported Items are only accessible with the following moderator permissions enabled:
I would think 'accessible' would be 'not viewable', as opposed to non-functional..

Perhaps a suggestion could be appropriate.

You can edit the templates (as you have done) to restrict who can see those links. But I think you want this condition:

Code:
<xen:if is="{xen:helper ismemberof, $visitor, 4} || {$visitor.is_admin}">

(using $visitor instead of $user)

Great catch (y)

That explains the lack of moderators online today :confused:

Top Bottom