Implemented Moderation ability in search results

TrixieTang

Currently there's no way to quickly perform moderation actions on posts/threads when searching.

This is something that I use a lot in vBulletin, for example if I ban a spammer I'll then search their posts, check them all, and delete them. I know the need for this is reduced with the spam cleaner, but there are still times when this would really come in handy.

Upvote 64
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
^_^ all fine by me. I was like, wait a minute - when did I post that? O_o
usually they're from up to a month ago, max. hehe.

The search results are content agnostic while inline moderation is very content specific, so it's not the simplest of prospects. :)

The search results are content agnostic while inline moderation is very content specific, so it's not the simplest of prospects. :)
With respect, the difficulty of the coding should not be the user's concern :p
The current moderating system makes it very hard to merge threads that aren't right next to each other in a thread list. Whether in-line moderation for search results is the best solution or not is up to you guys :)

This is a feature I would really like. Sometimes when my forum is growing I find that one particular topic is monopolizing my general chat forum threads, so I do a search in that forum for threads on that topic and move them to a new forum dedicated to the topic. I usually did this about 3 times every year with my vB forum, but now on xF I'm stuck moving threads one at a time...

What if inline moderation only showed up when you are searching a single content type (like threads or posts)? Very often we have issues where a spam bot gets into the system and blasts out a new thread in every forum (over 100 new threads) or a few hundred posts in existing threads. Not really looking forward to the prospect of having to go into each of these individually to deal with.

This is a pretty important thing that we'd love to have, it's not been a problem as we've been a small site but as we're getting larger I've started to realise how useful this would be.

I'm looking for the same thing. I just moved my vb board with more than 300'000 posts and it would be very useful ;)

Mike said:
I think Mike is referring to Search brings up content from :
(1) Threads
(2) profile postings

Nobody uses profile posting. It's very unpopular.

To not be able to use Moderation ability in search results just because of a rarely used thing is very inefficient.

I'd happily disable profile post indexing to get inline moderation.

I also believe that content agnostic search is only partially correct.

I believe this search
http://xenforo.com/community/search/?type=post
is content specific.

Top Bottom