Implemented Moderation ability in search results

TrixieTang

Currently there's no way to quickly perform moderation actions on posts/threads when searching.

This is something that I use a lot in vBulletin, for example if I ban a spammer I'll then search their posts, check them all, and delete them. I know the need for this is reduced with the spam cleaner, but there are still times when this would really come in handy.

Upvote 64
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
my forum has a pretty complex moderation system based on automated site/content submissions, and I just made the 'official' switch to finally start migrating over to xenforo from vbulletin. Seeing that there's no longer a checkbox in search results (which is heavily used to quickly get rid of spammers and also perform the 'complex moderation' for site submissions) might be a deal breaker for me as I need the basic mod functions to be able to stay intact.

so, tl;dr I hope this is revisited/reconsidered

Currently there is no way to mass moderate a member's posts.

Lets say a members posts in 50 threads, now you only wanna keep 20 posts and delete the rest. What do you do? Go to each thread and delete post?

Nobody got time for that.

Okay, just one more reason this is needed, while I'm thinking about it: if you have threads across several dozen nodes and you're trying to batch update them all at once through the admin you're almost certainly going to see this: HTTP Error 414 Request URI too long

Last edited:
Currently there is no way to mass moderate a member's posts.

Lets say a members posts in 50 threads, now you only wanna keep 20 posts and delete the rest. What do you do? Go to each thread and delete post?

Nobody got time for that.
NPnyFsM.jpg

Whew big +45 from all of my mods. We need this, hope to not have to pay for another custom addon :/

Most requested feature since transition from vb3 last month.

Whew big +45 from all of my mods. We need this, hope to not have to pay for another custom addon :/

Most requested feature since transition from vb3 last month.
Same here. Consensus among the moderating team is that the site looks great, loads quick, and functions well enough on the front end (even with the learning curve), but it's far more difficult to moderate efficiently now. Hope to have more tools available to them before too long. I too am finding I am having to pay for a lot of custom add-ons just to achieve a similar level of functionality of my archaic vb 3.8 forum - some of that is my fault for having a lot of custom features in the old system, but some of it was also core functionality that I feel should be core in XF. Not a huge complaint, I expected some of this going in. But for larger sites that depend on moderators heavily, you want them to be able to achieve tasks that were quick in the old system just as efficiently in the new system.

I have missed this on several occasions in the past. So much so that I moved entire threads to trash coz I did not have time to weed out the undesirable posts from large threads. I hope its there in the next HYS threads.

Top Bottom