1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Mobile vs PC avatar size

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by introspectionNation, Nov 30, 2015.

1. introspectionNation

introspectionNation New Member

I have followed the instructions here to create a nicer avatar size (300 x 150), which looks fantastic on the pc, but it looks pretty bad on mobiles and squashes all the post content to one side. Is there a way to have the avy size shown on message_user_info template depend on platform?
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
  2. introspectionNation

introspectionNation New Member

Well I fixed the problem. For future reference for anyone else who might experience similar problems and find this thread, the trick is to set the width and margin-left to auto, like this:

(In extra.css or directly in the message user info).
    thread_view .messageList .messageUserInfo a.avatar img,
    .thread_view .quickReply .messageUserInfo a.avatar img,
    .conversation_view .messageList .messageUserInfo a.avatar img,
    .conversation_view .quickReply .messageUserInfo a.avatar img
        width: 150px;
        height: auto;
        width: auto !important;
    .message .messageInfo,
        margin-left: auto !important;
    and then to put the margin into the padding-left of quick_reply so that it applies to both the reply and the message content above:
    #QuickReply textarea
        width: 100%;
        *width: 98%;
        height: 100px;
        padding-left: 160px;
        box-sizing: border-box;
  3. Kintaro

Kintaro Well-Known Member

I see in your forum that if browsed from iPhone the avatars are smaller but the post's text slide down.

What is your personal favorite online MBTI test? | Introspection Nation 2015-12-04 11-42-13.jpg