Mobile Suite for XenForo [Deleted]

It sounds harsh, but the group posting in our resources for many months without using any are not a target audience, and except for the moderator performing his regular duties questioning the name change, that's where most of the noise comes from.

Overlaying that group with those who sign up, the data says the former never will, with high accuracy. There's a small sub-group who I thought were just trolls, but actually got the very short end of the stick in life, and are in desperate search for companionship in the depths of their misery.

For the majority group bothered by these changes, fair enough; you can exercise your right to un-watch our resources. If you were "going/waiting to" use this service but now are so off-put by this position, and now you never will (...insert short or long virtue signaling), understood, it's your right.

Come on mate, people can figure out what it is from a reasonable plugin name in the title and then read the description or watch your video to understand it.
The data we have in our help inbox, and on increased sign ups after the name change say that far too many people can't, this is fact not my theory. When forums who would have glazed over a generic title instead sign up and benefit from our services, that is a good thing.

It sounds harsh, but the group posting in our resources for many months without using any are not a target audience, and except for the moderator performing his regular duties questioning the name change, that's where most of the noise comes from.

Overlaying that group with those who sign up, the data says the former never will, with high accuracy. There's a small sub-group who I thought were just trolls, but actually got the very short end of the stick in life, and are in desperate search for companionship in the depths of their misery.

This is a discussion thread for the addon, not a forced system where you choose who replies to it or what questions are asked based on your decisions. If you can not handle differences in opnion, and choose to group people in a troll outfit that the purpose of this group is out to get you, or into groups of people who's personal relationships are not part of this addon, then perhaps you should not post on a site that allows open discussion.

To be fair, I don't think a bunch of the posts that were made related to the title of the resource were totally necessary.

That said, all is now good with the title so let's leave this discussion behind now and ensure this thread stays on topic.

Reactions: TMA
@TMA thank you very much for adding me there. Unfortunately I do not have the Facebook Messenger. And it seems to be the prerequisite to use push notifications. My original question was in regard of Safari support as standalone. I remember Apple planned support for it but it seems not ready yet?

For everyone who is hoping to use this for iOS Safari, Apple is making progress on the Webkit here.
The following article has been updated on 5th of February:
https://blog.izooto.com/ios-push-notifications-safari/

Don’t get too excited. They’ve implemented service workers but none of the associated APIs that can actually make good use of them, such as the Push API 🙄

Don’t get too excited. They’ve implemented service workers but none of the associated APIs that can actually make good use of them, such as the Push API 🙄
Can't ever see them implementing the Push API; what I do see them doing is implementing Safari Push Notifications as they have on macOS, so they can get that $99 sign-up fee, with Service Workers being the bridge between iOS Safari and Safari Push Notifications.

Reactions: HWS
The main problem would be that developers would likely be forced to write different implementations for Apple devices if they deviate from what the other browsers are adopting as a standard. I'd probably refuse to support it in protest.

It's not an ideal scenario, but we've done exactly that. If they go with the Push API, our Push API implementation will automatically kick in. If they go with their proprietary API, our SPN implementation will do the same.

It might have seemed pointless, to add macOS Safari support, but if the latter situation plays out, all of the people on our service will instantly be able to tap into that traffic from iOS users without Messenger or even having to update the add-on, and won't have to shell out $99.

Hi,

this addon sounds interesting. Can someone who used it already on an android divice report about the userexperience with this? Maybe also with screenshots?

The decription in the overview is missing. Would be great if there would be more information about restrictions and requirements. It does not make sense to read through 7 pages of discussions to find some of that (but not all of it).

- Which Android version is at least required to be able to run this?
- Are any other app needed to run it on Android Smartphones? If yes, which?
- Does this works with Android Tablets too?
- As far as I could figure out, it does not work neither with Apple Smartphones, nor with Apple Ipads without SMS or Facebook app. Could you please state that clearly in the overview?
- What if someone has an Apple Smartphone/tabblet, but is not member of Facebook and wants to have neither SMS?
- A detailed price list for this SMS service and how we can "sell" this to our users (technically in the forum). How do they purchase it, where in the forum etc.
- What is your business model with this addon? Will it be for free alays and only buying SMS will costs us something? I do not wnat to get my users used to an addon and find out 6 montsh later, that I am not able to afford it anymore and take it from my users away ;)
- Will it be available for XF2.x also and will XF1.5x users charged again, as soon as I they upgrade their forums to XF2.x?
- I do think screenshots should be in the overview page here of this addon so we get an impression how it will look like and how the userexperience will be.

Sorry for so many points, but I can not testinstall all addons I am interested in to find out whether it is worth to implement. You should try to make us this decision as easy as possible. THis will also decrease dramatically the questions here in the discussion threads.

Thanks

Last edited:
What's the information about adding ads?
Hello,

On February 21st, we are implementing Gateway Ads into Mobile Suite, so you can monetize push notifications and add a new passive revenue stream.

We are sending this e-mail to transparently disclose these changes, and explain how they affect the functionality of Mobile Suite; here's how it works:
  1. Member receives a push notification about a new post
  2. Member opens notification, and lands on our gateway ad page (sample)
  3. After 3 seconds, member is redirected to new post automatically
  4. If member wishes to skip the gateway in the future, they can buy out
  5. 100% of their 1st payment is sent to your eligible PayPal account
The updated plugin will automatically detect if you have a PayPal e-mail address set for Paid Subscriptions/User Upgrades and send the payouts there.

If you have any questions, you can reply to this e-mail.

Top Bottom