Implemented Mobile Style

hcmagix

Is there planing xF for Browsers in mobile Devices like IPB?

My dream is xF recognizes the the resolution of the client browser are under fe 600*400 and change automatically in a special Style for mobile device browsers like iphon, ipad, RIM etc.

When the user back on pc the normal style should be loaded.

Upvote 6
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I doubt it would be included in v1, but possibly afterwards.

I just want to make a list of features I'd like to have in a mobile style.

Apps... With my current portal I purchased WiForums and also have Tapatalk running...
I like WiForums because it is not Phone specific, Tapatalk will require users to purchase....

Skins? Perhaps, but I tried that with my current portal and the skins seemed to work for some devices and then not for others.
I am looking at an entirely stripped down secondary engine to access the site that can work on just about any cell phone (similar to WiForums)...

Actually you know what...
Come to think of it....
VB's original archive area with simply the added ability to reply would be perfect.

I have viewed this site on my droid X and it functions just like it would on my computer at home. For me there is no need to change to a mobile style.

I really think if a mobile skin is added, it should just be an mobile optimized version of the default browser skin.
That's no good. It needs to be designed for mobile phones, cutting out all the features that aren't used often and keeping the basics.

That's no good. It needs to be designed for mobile phones, cutting out all the features that aren't used often and keeping the basics.
It can be designed for the mobile phone, but still keep a lot of the usability; ability to like posts, following people, watching threads etc.

Just because its for a mobile theme doesn't mean it has to be completely featureless, nor that it has to have a basic design. It can still be impressive for mobile browsing. 

It can be designed for the mobile phone, but still keep a lot of the usability; ability to like posts, following people, watching threads etc.

Just because its for a mobile theme doesn't mean it has to be completely featureless, nor that it has to have a basic design. It can still be impressive for mobile browsing.
Yeah off course.

Top Bottom