Mobile Agent Tracer [Paid] [Deleted]

cclaerhout

cclaerhout submitted a new resource:

Mobile Agent Tracer (version 1.0) - This addon displays inside a message if the user used a mobile device to post it.

Mobile Agent Tracer
by Cédric CLAERHOUT

Addon Presentation
  • This addon displays inside a message if the user used a mobile device to post it. This information can be available for posts, conversations, profile posts & profiles comments.
  • This addons will use the XenForo Mobile detection (which can only detect if the user is using a mobile or a standard device). This addon will provide much more...

Read more about this resource...

Please add a user preferences option so members can choose whether they want this addon to reveal what device they're posting from.

Please add a user preferences option so members can choose whether they want this addon to reveal what device they're posting from.
It's a good idea and I think something that must be done in France to respect the law, but for the moment I will not spend a couple hours on this addon if nobody plans to use it. Pure common sense.

Im not saying at all i dont think its not worth it because it is. Im prolly about to buy it myself.

And not quite sure what the link to the apple store was for haha

Bought it and use it successfully at our big board.

We have however modified it to show only a small icon if post was done via any mobile device. I wouldn't recommend using it and publicly reveal what exact device a users owns. ;)

cclaerhout updated Mobile Agent Tracer with a new update entry:

Version 1.1 released

Version 1.1 released
New options:
  • Administrators can allow users to enable/disable the recording of their mobile device information (inside user privacy settings) - Administrators should check their country regulation about it
  • Administrators can allow users to delete their recorded mobile device information (inside user privacy settings) - Administrators should check their country regulation about it
To update: upload files & import xml...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Cédric, thank you for this update and the privacy setting.

The perfect solution would be a 3-part-switch for users:

1) Allow that detailed device information is shown ("posted via Acer Tablet")
2) Allow that information mobile/non-mobile is shown ("posted via mobile device")
3) Disallow to show it

In addition admin should be able to choose which settings of those are selectable by users.

Will this add-on show which device was used for previous posts as well? Or only new posts after installing this?

Only new => must have been saved inside the database before.
ok thanks, can you also add an option which allows only admins to view which device the member is posting from, not the members. Also update it with the iPad mini and some other new smartphone and tablets, like the new Windows Surface, etc.. Thanks.

ok thanks, can you also add an option which allows only admins to view which device the member is posting from, not the members. Also update it with the iPad mini and some other new smartphone and tablets, like the new Windows Surface, etc.. Thanks.
For only admin view, it's just one conditional you can add easily.
For mobile detection, please read carefully the main post. This script is using a php class (Php-mobile-detect) to detect mobile specifications which is using browser user agent:
1) I will not update myself this class.
2) I'm really not sure Apple will change the user agent between an Ipad and a mini Ipad (same example between an Iphone & Ipod Touch => share the same user agent)

Top Bottom