Mobile Agent Tracer [Paid] [Deleted]

Let me check with samsung galaxy note.
Thank you, because except my iPad and iPod... here's the mobile phone I've been using for 3 years now:
nokia-1650-248x300.jpg

http://www.nokia4life.com/nokia-1650-2008/

=> you will understand after this it's not easy for me to do some tests with that ^^

Tested
Botth Blackberry and Samsung (Android) are "Send form a mobile device"
Can you try to paste this code on a template (whatever, for example footer) to check if this is a problem with the phpmobile class or with my addon:
HTML:
    <xen:if is="{$visitor.getBrowser.mobile.phones.isBlackBerry}">
        I'm a BlackBerry
    <xen:elseif is="{$visitor.getBrowser.mobile.phones.isSamsung}" />
        I'm a Samsung
    <xen:elseif is="{$visitor.getBrowser.isMobile}" />
    I'm a Mobile
    <xen:else />
    What am I?
    </xen:if>

Man! This addon is worth $20.00! I had to make a few edits (ex: changing 'SEND' to 'Sent' and etc: "Sent from_____" lol!), but I'm loving it! I can see where a person can even get creative and have images of various phones by calling images where text should be but I'm not going to go that far.

Can you try to paste this code on a template (whatever, for example footer) to check if this is a problem with the phpmobile class or with my addon:
HTML:
    <xen:if is="{$visitor.getBrowser.mobile.phones.isBlackBerry}">
        I'm a BlackBerry
    <xen:elseif is="{$visitor.getBrowser.mobile.phones.isSamsung}" />
        I'm a Samsung
    <xen:elseif is="{$visitor.getBrowser.isMobile}" />
    I'm a Mobile
    <xen:else />
    What am I?
    </xen:if>

This code show "I'm Samsung" on my Galaxy Note. It's seem we have issue with your addon code.

That
This code show "I'm Samsung" on my Galaxy Note. It's seem we have issue with your addon code.
That is unfortunate. Fortunately, the addon meets my requirements in that it clearly distinguishes whether one of my members is posting from their smartphone or tablet, or a computer. We have a mobile app in which we encourage our gaming members to use their mobile devices to access our forum. TapaTalk and Forumrunner provide the ability for a person who uses a mobile device to "text their own signature" (ex: 'Sent from my _____ phone!' or whatever THEY want to say). That would be my next recommendation for this addon "if" people have a big problem in getting it to guess what device they're using? (hint-hint) ;-).

That would be awesome because one thing this addon 'clearly does', is let you know if a person is posting from a mobile device or from a computer :D. Just an honorable 'mention of my name', should you decide to upgrade this addon in that manner cclaerhout - lol

That
That is unfortunate. Fortunately, the addon meets my requirements in that it clearly distinguishes whether one of my members is posting from their smartphone or tablet, or a computer. We have a mobile app in which we encourage our gaming members to use their mobile devices to access our forum. TapaTalk and Forumrunner provide the ability for a person who uses a mobile device to "text their own signature" (ex: 'Sent from my _____ phone!' or whatever THEY want to say). That would be my next recommendation for this addon "if" people have a big problem in getting it to guess what device they're using? (hint-hint) ;-).

That would be awesome because one thing this addon 'clearly does', is let you know if a person is posting from a mobile device or from a computer :D. Just an honorable 'mention of my name', should you decide to upgrade this addon in that manner cclaerhout - lol

Fix bug first, then we will request more features :)

Then it should be easy to fix. I guess it's since I've modified a part of the code 2-3 version ago. Please connect here : http://demo.mobiledetect.net/ and give me your user agent (yellow code). I'm going to try to find a useragent faker to avoid to buy a new phone ^^
Install Safari Browser, go to Setting then turn on Developer menu, you have agent menu there, you can input any agent you want.
Firefox also have an addon to do this: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/user-agent-quick-switch/?src=search

PM sent to Dinh so he can confirm the new code is working now. If yes, I will release the update.

Something good're appearing "Send from a Samsung mobile device" :)
Congratulation!

But any post from Tapatalk was not recognized as Mobile :)
You should add "Tapatalk" to the mobile list.

I would request the addon also insert full browser agent string to another field so that we can have an analytics of each phone/table if we want.
(Export to csv list then use tool like exel to filter)

But any post from Tapatalk was not recognized as Mobile :)
You should add "Tapatalk" to the mobile list.
No idea if Tapatalk has an useragent or if it's possible to detect it. I will check that later. I'm trapped with a translation I have to do right now.

Nice update.

I would request the addon also insert full browser agent string to another field so that we can have an analytics of each phone/table if we want.
(Export to csv list then use tool like exel to filter)

Could this be possible?
Detail agent string could be a tool tip of "Send from a mobile device" too, if he want!

Top Bottom