Mmmmm, Pizza

Pizza Hut has a really good promotion right now for there 55 year birthday. 1 topping large pizza for $5.55, carry out only.

My local Pizza Hut usually never honors the national advertized deals. Sometimes they have better and sometimes I want to kill them for playing the ads on TV, but not honoring them locally.

Although I usually do prefer Pizza Hut over Dominos. Those two are the only ones here that allow you to order online. Nothing local has that options, though we do have a dozen pizza shops in my area (most in walking distance).

I'm kind of in one of those "zones" where pizza shops pop up more than houses. :ROFLMAO:

I always heard it was something about steers or something or another and not having horns or cowbells or something like that.

Always thought that was Dallas. Strange though. I never noticed anything strange there, but the only times I've been in Austin is when we were meeting with our European branches when I worked in a different financial field. It's a global hub so it made sense for us. I like dry climates and our Euro and UK partners enjoyed getting a tan and meeting young single women. The firm I head now does yearly meetings in New York or Miami. I skipped out on a UK meeting last summer. Dallas and the Plano areas serve every other month.

I generally avoid going and leave it to the other partners. I've always been a fan of aviation and don't mind big planes, but the idea of sitting in a small metal tube traveling several hundred miles per hour makes me very uneasy.

Though every time I am in Texas I make it a point to have some of the best BBQ ever.

My local Pizza Hut usually never honors the national advertized deals. Sometimes they have better and sometimes I want to kill them for playing the ads on TV, but not honoring them locally.

Although I usually do prefer Pizza Hut over Dominos. Those two are the only ones here that allow you to order online. Nothing local has that options, though we do have a dozen pizza shops in my area (most in walking distance).

I'm kind of in one of those "zones" where pizza shops pop up more than houses. :ROFLMAO:

I believe Pizza Hut can be franchised, and as such, any corporate decisions have no effect on what they do?

I believe Pizza Hut can be franchised, and as such, any corporate decisions have no effect on what they do?

Both Pizza Hut and Dominos can be franchised, yes. And the the ones in my delivering area are franchised (both Dominos and Pizza Hut).

Which is kind of upsetting because I live closer to another Dominos and they do follow all the corporate promotions. They're so close to me that technically I could walk there (1.5 miles). They're just down the street for argument sake. And the one that delivers here is further away (3 miles).

But they seem to have some kind of zoning agreement. :rolleyes:

I typically will make the effort to go out to the other location for pick-up. Which is no fun if the weather is bad (snow in the winter for example) or if its really late night, I just got home, and the idea of going back out doesn't sit well.

Yeah, it does suck, but they get free reign (to an extent). They also don't pay for the TV advertisements tho (usually). That's all corporate, so it's more of a "run where there is a Pizza Hut."

If I owned a franchise, I'd follow corporate decisions somewhat closely.

I personally like PizzaHut but you hardly find one in Canada :( We have following: Pizza Pizza, Dominos and MAMA Pizza) never tried mama pizza tho.

Yeah, it does suck, but they get free reign (to an extent). They also don't pay for the TV advertisements tho (usually). That's all corporate, so it's more of a "run where there is a Pizza Hut."

If I owned a franchise, I'd follow corporate decisions somewhat closely.

Would be my general idea. Free advertizements and promotions run by a corporation that spends money in the billions is not something you should generally be ignoring.

But when you have the zoning rights up to 40% of the 3rd largest city in the state... I'm sure they don't exactly feel the pressure of needing to play ball as much as the next guy. :(

I love pizza! I prefer Dominos with the Double Decedance base as it's not as heavy as the standard one.

I also prefer them with BBQ sauce rather than tomato.

There is a nice one near my work that we use when working night shifts.

BBQ Special (BBQ sauce, chicken, pork and beef)
2013-04-18 20.10.47.webp

Papa John's FTW!

You know it. :D (seen my twitter today, eh? lol )

I really miss Papa John's pizza. The closest on is about 37 miles from hear. That's a long way to go for pizza.

The last one that was here was franchised out by this dude that got into a lot of trouble. I forget what it was, but I remember it being in the local news. Think he wasn't paying his dues and was also avoiding taxes. So that closed up that shop.

But I loved the pizza. Food was very fresh, made right there for you to see, and I always loved the little jalapeno peppers that were added as a bonus. I use to order from there all the time.

Top Bottom