XF 1.4 mkdir() [<a href='function.mkdir'>function.mkdir</a>]: Permission denied

mdj101

I'm installing on a windows server and have enabled full control on the two folders for IUSR but im still getting the above error.

Any ideas?

Server Error
mkdir() [<a href='function.mkdir'>function.mkdir</a>]: Permission denied

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. mkdir() in XenForo/Helper/File.php at line 139
  3. XenForo_Helper_File::createDirectory() in XenForo/Install/Model/Install.php at line 579
  4. XenForo_Install_Model_Install->createDirectories() in XenForo/Install/Controller/Install.php at line 439
  5. XenForo_Install_Controller_Install->actionStep2() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 690
  6. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 267
  7. XenForo_FrontController->run() in D:/vhosts/xxxxxx.co.uk/httpdocs/forum/install/index.php at line 35

If you go back to step 1, it doesn't give an error about permissions?

It seems like it's saying that you can write to the directory which implies that you should be able to create new directories within, but when you actually create those directories, it's erroring. There may be some more advanced permission configuration setups in Windows that could prevent that. Make sure that the full control is being inherited to all sub directories and files (it should be on the "advanced" permissions page).

Have the permissions been inherited correctly? Plesk has an option to allow additional read/write permissions per domain, you could test enabling this and see if it works - then check out how the data and internal_data directory permissions are set up if it does.

OK, I've managed to get round this by setting the permission on the two folders to EVERYONE and it's installed. However I don't really want to leave it like this.

It's obviously an issue with IUSR account but what I have no idea.

Top Bottom