1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed Minor issues with IP.Board 3.4 imports

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by Calmcacil, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Calmcacil

Calmcacil Member

I just imported my site over to XF beta (Currently doing testing as we plan on returning to XF for 1.2) and while for the most part everything converted over with bbcode and everything looking to be working, we did have some bbcode remain in signatures, perticulary with small fonts in signatures leaving things like,

<p class="bbc_center">, <p> </span></span>

While it poses little issue as its only signatures, its something that would be cool if could be fixed, I'm not sure if its a conscious design decision to not fully remove everything, or if its a bug that not everything is removed. Eitherway, im just gonna post it up incase its something thats easily fixable!

2. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

We are lacking in data to be able to fully test this importer - if you wouldn't mind letting us have a copy of your database for testing purposes, I'm sure we could get this sorted out quickly :)

3. Calmcacil

Calmcacil Member

I'd be happy to share a database dump of my IP.Board community if thats all you need, just tell me where to send it.

4. Kier

That really depends upon the size of the dump - how big are we talking?

5. Calmcacil

Calmcacil Member

The file is about 7 mb

6. Kier

Want to go ahead and compress it then email it to me or Mike @xenforo.com? Thanks :)

7. Calmcacil

Calmcacil Member

I've dispatched it to both of you, so that should take care of that.

8. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

This is fixed now (as far as possible) for the next 1.2 release. I found a few other situations where we could convert the HTML to BB code and I'm ensuring that HTML doesn't show up if we fail to complete the parsing.

9. Calmcacil

Calmcacil Member

Great work team.