Lack of interest Minimum Time Between Messages When Using Bypass Flood Check Permission

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

The Sandman

When granting the permission the "Bypass Flood Check" there is no way to set any minimum time between posts at all, which could potentially lead to problems. I suggest that there either be a built in minimum time for this group as well (5 seconds for example) or an additional Performance Option to set the minimum time for both groups (those who are bound to the Flood Check and those that bypass it) separately.

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Why is a minimum time needed for bypassing the flood check? The point of bypassing it is so that there is no delay at all.

I'm not sure what these problems are that you are referring to. Personally I only give very trusted members the bypass permission.

Why is a minimum time needed for bypassing the flood check? The point of bypassing it is so that there is no delay at all.

I'm not sure what these problems are that you are referring to. Personally I only give very trusted members the bypass permission.
On TAZ two possible benefits were mentioned - helping to prevent deadlocking and also helping to prevent accidental double posting. It was suggested a 1 to 5 second delay would be helpful.

Not sure about the deadlocking but double posts seem to happen at times anyway even for members without the bypass permission, I think it's likely down to their connection.

Not sure about the deadlocking but double posts seem to happen at times anyway even for members without the bypass permission, I think it's likely down to their connection.

Yeah, I'm not sure either - it was a well known add-on coder who posted the suggestion though, so it might be interesting to get a XenForo developer's thoughts on this. :)

Top Bottom