Resource icon

Minimum Post Length 1.0

No permission to download
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a question. This addons take under consideration the text of the message (what a user write) or the sum of all charachters? I would like that my users write some text not only pasting a link to an external image for example so I would like that if anyone compose a message with only smilies, the addon give a warning...

To be more precise, This is a valid message

Hello, how are you?

and this is not

:(;):)

Any characters the same as XenForo does it for max length. So even [u rl][/url] would work. I might get it to parse the bbcode at some point in the future.

Should be a fantastic feature for this addon. This way the users must write some text and not just insert some bbcodes...

Yep I completely agree however time restrictions leave free add-ons low on the list.

Damn I need this right now :D Any chance of minimum words per post being added to this too? I wouldnt mind having say three words as the minimum if possible. Thanks a lot.

Damn I need this right now :D Any chance of minimum words per post being added to this too? I wouldnt mind having say three words as the minimum if possible. Thanks a lot.
Chance? For sure, good idea. Any time soon? I wish there was more time in the day :/

Seems useful, I am going to try it out.

Any characters the same as XenForo does it for max length. So even [u rl][/url] would work. I might get it to parse the bbcode at some point in the future.
Why not use an expression to catch all valid [tags]and content between them [/tags] as well as whatever valid smiley acros and remove them from the character count of the string when being posted?

If anyone has been waiting for a version that excludes BBCode from the minimum message length, I have released an updated add-on (after obtaining Robbo's permission) with the changes necessary.

You can obtain the new version by clicking here.

I just installed this addon... seems to work fine, though of course it should not include quoted text in the minimum characters! Still planning to upgrade that part?

Reactions: rdn
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom