• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Minimum Post Length 1.0

No permission to download
Adds an option to require at least X characters in a post.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AndreaMarucci

Just a question. This addons take under consideration the text of the message (what a user write) or the sum of all charachters? I would like that my users write some text not only pasting a link to an external image for example so I would like that if anyone compose a message with only smilies, the addon give a warning...

To be more precise, This is a valid message

Hello, how are you?

and this is not

:(;):)

Robbo

Any characters the same as XenForo does it for max length. So even [u rl][/url] would work. I might get it to parse the bbcode at some point in the future.

Michael

Damn I need this right now :D Any chance of minimum words per post being added to this too? I wouldnt mind having say three words as the minimum if possible. Thanks a lot.

Robbo

Damn I need this right now :D Any chance of minimum words per post being added to this too? I wouldnt mind having say three words as the minimum if possible. Thanks a lot.
Chance? For sure, good idea. Any time soon? I wish there was more time in the day :/

EQnoble

Seems useful, I am going to try it out.

Any characters the same as XenForo does it for max length. So even [u rl][/url] would work. I might get it to parse the bbcode at some point in the future.
Why not use an expression to catch all valid [tags]and content between them [/tags] as well as whatever valid smiley acros and remove them from the character count of the string when being posted?

Alteran Ancient

If anyone has been waiting for a version that excludes BBCode from the minimum message length, I have released an updated add-on (after obtaining Robbo's permission) with the changes necessary.

You can obtain the new version by clicking here.

Status
Not open for further replies.