Minimum Post Length Enforcer

Minimum Post Length Enforcer 1.0.4

No permission to download
@Alteran Ancient
Not quite sure if you're still open to suggestions, but on my forum I have a LOT of spam posters, I reorganized some of the forums/threads and moved them to spam, then installed this add-on to prevent spam posts in discussions. The problem is that there's still a minimum character count required in the Spam forums where their post counts do not rise. Is there any chance of making it so I can select forums to EXCLUDE from this rule? Also maybe having the option to bypass the character count when posting images or media.
I use this one
Code:
https://*******.com/resources/minimum-message-length.226/

I use this one
Code:
https://*******.com/resources/minimum-message-length.226/
Ugh, I really don't trust those guys. Would be nice if someone could confirm this was working for 1.4.5. I don't need anything special just a minimum post requirement.

Just a quick status update. I've tested this on one of my private installs on xF1.4.3 and this add-on seems to work from freshly installing the add-on.

I'll update my install to 1.4.5 and then I'll test some more.

Last edited:
As you can see, I have pushed a small update to this add-on. With it, you can now decide if you want Quotes to count against a message's minimum length.

Tested and working against xF1.4.5. If you're having any problems, it is likely due to an add-on conflict. I would try removing any previous versions or similarly-featured add-ons from your forum and then try re-installing the latest version.

If version 1.0.2 was working for you correctly, a simple upload and upgrade should suffice.

@Alteran Ancient I installed the add-on, left the minimum to 10. But it has no effect on any user? People can still post "lol" etc xen 1.4.4
Any ideas?
You may have another add-on which is interfering with this add-on's ability to work. If you have Debug/Developer mode enabled, check to see if any other add-ons are manipulating the load_class_datawriter hook. It would be a great help to know if there are any other add-ons I need to be aware of.

Additionally, if your server has an opcode caching mechanism running (APC, Opcache, XCache, etc.), dump or reset it.

Also, keep in mind this works only for "post" message types in node threads, and not in conversations, resource articles or profile messages. Not yet, anyway.

I noticed this when I was running a File Health Check:

library/MinPostLengthEnforcer/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage/Post.php
File does not contain expected contents.

I noticed this when I was running a File Health Check:

library/MinPostLengthEnforcer/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage/Post.php
File does not contain expected contents.
Yep, that's known. I didn't bother updating the checksum. Don't worry about it.

That's what I thought when I used their User Profile Cover add-on. But when I checked library/*******Helper, which is some kind of un/installation helper for his add-ons, I found out that it'd do callback to his server.
It could just be for statistics. For smaller plugins, I probably wouldn't be fussed, but for bigger ones, I'd maybe want to know about how many people were un-installing my plugin and why. Mobile app stores do exactly the same thing.

I would perhaps ask ******* in the name of transparency and see what those callbacks are for. But alas, that is another topic for another forum discussion.

Any news on this issue?

FYI, I disabled all other load_class_datawriter plugins and this plugin still doesn't seem to be enforcing the minimum post count.

Thanks!

Top Bottom