Minimum Post Length Enforcer

Minimum Post Length Enforcer 1.0.4

No permission to download
Hi @Alteran Ancient, thank you for keeping this addon alive! I've just installed it and it works fine with XF 1.2

I would have a request though; some of my users hit a few smiley buttons to avoid writing messages. Could we maybe do something about that? I imagine there isn't an ideal solution to this but a thought maybe to exclude smileys to count towards minimum characters?
Yeah. I could try adding that as an option alongside the "Include BBCode" option. I'll let you know how it goes.

@Alteran Ancient a bug of some sort: When I submit a media to XenMedio media gallery and opt the media created as a thread in the selected forum the warning prompts saying "my message is too short" whilst it's more than what I've defined as a minimum.

@Alteran Ancient a bug of some sort: When I submit a media to XenMedio media gallery and opt the media created as a thread in the selected forum the warning prompts saying "my message is too short" whilst it's more than what I've defined as a minimum.
I cannot anticipate problems relating to other un-official addons. I'll see about making a check function exclusively for forum posting.

@Alteran Ancient the "Include BBCode in Minimum Count" doesn't seem to be working for me in 1.2.2

Just FYI. If you are using the Post Ratings addon from Luke, this addon will not function. (maybe this was to be expected :))

Are you sure it's Luke's Post Ratings addon? Because aside from that I just reported above :rolleyes: it seems to work fine with Luke's add-on installed.

If you un-check the "Include BBCode" option, it should already do this. I haven't tested that particular scenario.

Thanks for the useful addon.
One little issue though - does this 'Include BBCode in Minimum Count' work for everyone?
At least it doesn't work for me when registered users and guests post as Reply (and there are Quotes in their message) - they don't need to add a single word to post a new message. (while minimum message length is 100 characters)

Is this add-on still supported and does it work with the latest version of XenForo 1.3.5 (1.4)?

Curious as to how members have responded to limits?

I will check to make sure that this add-on is still compatible for the upcoming software versions. I don't see any reason why it shouldn't, but I will probably update the add-on to re-affirm this.

Could you please add an option to ignore dots, comma, exclamation, question mark on the count?

Some of my members are spaming the post with a lot of dots just to reach the minimum characters.

Could you please add an option to ignore dots, comma, exclamation, question mark on the count?

Some of my members are spaming the post with a lot of dots just to reach the minimum characters.
I will look into this if I get round to a future release. If a few of your members are resorting to what you could consider is spam in order to circumvent your safeguards, then perhaps you should consider taking punitive action against them? You installed this mod for a reason, and they're intentionally trying to cheat it. If you stop counting "........" and what-not, they'll just start doing this instead. People are incredibly creative like that.

This also doesn't work, if the XenForo Media Gallery is installed. Would be awesome if you could update the Addon! :) Of course i would contribute for a development.

@Alteran Ancient
Not quite sure if you're still open to suggestions, but on my forum I have a LOT of spam posters, I reorganized some of the forums/threads and moved them to spam, then installed this add-on to prevent spam posts in discussions. The problem is that there's still a minimum character count required in the Spam forums where their post counts do not rise. Is there any chance of making it so I can select forums to EXCLUDE from this rule? Also maybe having the option to bypass the character count when posting images or media.

Top Bottom