Minimum Post Length Enforcer

Minimum Post Length Enforcer 1.0.4

No permission to download
FYI, it only seems to work in 1.4 for me if I turn off "Include BBCode in Minimum Count" and "Include Quotes in Minimum Count." The problem could be with one or the other -- I didn't do further testing. Might be a conflict with a bbcode-related add-on. I'm just happy to have it working. :)

I did a basic test on XenForo 1.5.2 with these settings:
Minimum Message Length => 5
Include BBCode in Minimum Count => Unchecked
Include Quotes in Minimum Count => Checked
Minimum Length for First Post => 10
First Post has Different Limit => Checked
And it appeared that the limits were working just fine. I didn't try using BBCode or Quotes though, I only tried a few random letters for quick test.

It seems like enabling "Include BBCode in Minimum Count" will make the add-on stop working. I had that option enabled from 1.4.x till I updated my board to 1.5.x. I didn't get to try whether it was working or not, but apparently we noticed that my old post from a month ago was able to bypass the limit (a few weeks after we updated the board to 1.5.2, I believe), so we concluded that the add-on wasn't working.
My earlier post about that basic test was from half a month ago, and from then on the limit had worked correctly. Though the only differences with my old settings were the "Include BBCode in Minimum Count" option and the minimum message length options (though the later seemed irrelevant to the cause of error).

Last edited:
It seems like enabling "Include BBCode in Minimum Count" will make the add-on stop working. I had that option enabled from 1.4.x till I updated my board to 1.5.x. I didn't get to try whether it was working or not, but apparently we noticed that my old post from a month ago was able to bypass the limit (a few weeks after we updated the board to 1.5.2, I believe), so we concluded that the add-on wasn't working.
My earlier post about that basic test was from half a month ago, and from then on the limit had worked correctly. Though the only differences with my old settings were the "Include BBCode in Minimum Count" option and the minimum message length options (though the later seemed irrelevant to the cause of error).
That's very helpful to know. Cheers.

Would it be possible to have an option to disable this in specific nodes?

Minimum post length is intended to enforce quality posting, but that's not necessary in stuff like private staff or premium forums. As well, it causes conflicts with Moderator Essentials' mod log action threads feature, since the add on tries to create a thread with effectively no main post, and thus fails to meet a character limit.

Last edited:
This is forum-wide, correct? Any option to add a minimum post count (or different minimums) on a per forum basis?

Alteran Ancient updated Minimum Post Length Enforcer with a new update entry:

New Fixes, also now supports Profile Posts & Comments

Another year, another update. This update comes with a combination of fixes and new features.

The bugs that several people were experiencing should now be gone. I will highlight a particularly notorious bug where if you had "Include BBCode" enabled and "Include Quotes" disabled, that the limits you set would be totally ignored. This led some people to wrongly assume that this Plugin doesn't support XenForo 1.5. It in fact, does, but I shall be updating the version listings to make this...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Sorry I've been away for so long - only now have I found the time to sit down and get to grips with this.

I hope you enjoy the new support for Profile Posts, as well as the bug fixes.

Top Bottom